Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Class I love and class I hate OR class I don't really care about?

Hannahbanana69Hannahbanana69 Registered User Posts: 681 Member
edited September 2012 in High School Life
Due to a weird scheduling situation in my school, in one slot I am currently taking ASL and Public Speaking. Which I thought was Debate-type but apparently NOOOO. It's apparently the class for all the slackers or people who couldn't fit what they actually wanted to take into their schedules.
So I've got a limited number of opportunities to actually pick my classes (just the way my school works), and I'm currently taking two APs, Bio and USH.
I really want to switch out of Public Speaking. It's really dumb, not going to help me at all, and is definitely not at all the most useful way to spend my time.
BUT: if I switch out, I need to give up ASL. And that, I really, really don't want to do.

So here are my pros and cons of switching out:
PROS: I get out of Public Speaking.
I take a class that is potentially more interesting.
I take a class that looks better for colleges.
CONS: I have to give up ASL, which I love.
My school doesn't encourage switching, and the classes have started already.
There aren't any LOVE classes that I'd want to switch to or that would even half make up for ASL.

SO. What should I do? Is it worth it to switch out of a great class that I love in order to get out of a class that I don't love and subsequently end up in a potentially so-so class that looks better on a transcript?

BTW, here are my options for switching out:
Physics (NO WAY.)
Genetics (possibly)
Studio Art (NO WAY.)
Robotics (maybe but it's supposed to be very hard)
Holocaust Studies (which I don't want to take but if I do I can keep ASL)
Post edited by Hannahbanana69 on

Replies to: Class I love and class I hate OR class I don't really care about?

• MutaRiSCMutaRiSC Registered User Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    Unnecesary Bump.

What is ASL?
  • pandamicpandamic Registered User Posts: 408 Junior Member
    Since you don't seem to like any of the other options, I would stick with ASL (american sign language?) and Public Speaking! At least you are taking 1 class you love :). I had to do that same kind of thing also, and it was worth it for me.
This discussion has been closed.