Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Which club should I start (Interested in all)

ozzy2014ozzy2014 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited September 2012 in High School Life
Ok so I go to a new school (First year operating) and I want to start a club, here are some of my ideas. I want to study political science or international affairs in college so keep that in mind. I'm genuinely interested in all the clubs as well.

1. Current Events Club - basically we meet every thursday and come up with a quick overview of current political/international events that have occurred in that week. Then on Friday we read it over loudspeaker to the whole school. I like this because I think all students should have a basic understanding of world events.

2. Mock trial/Future Lawyers Of America - Self explanatory, there isn't a mock trial club at my school and I thought it would be fun to start one. I'll probably do it under the debate club that I am in, or if I go with future lawyers of America, do it under that.

3. Music Club - club for musicians and music listeners to share their music and support each other, there are a few musicians at my school, including me. We could use the club to support charities through charity concerts or talent shows.

Please help me choose and thanks a lot.
Post edited by ozzy2014 on

Replies to: Which club should I start (Interested in all)

• CE527MCE527M Registered User Posts: 4,989 Senior Member
    Can I throw in an idea? If you`re interested in international affairs, look into starting a Model UN team at your school, if there already isn`t one.
  • ozzy2014ozzy2014 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks, Model UN is awesome and i've been doing it for 2 years, there's already one at my school and I think I'll join it
  • flower161flower161 Registered User Posts: 532 Member
    I really like the Current Events club!! Wish my school had something like that.

But maybe you can start a Young Republicans or Young Democrats club
This discussion has been closed.