Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Pre-Optometry

LaceDatLaceDat Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
edited August 2013 in High School Life
How can I find schools that offer a Pre-Optometry program? (Near or in New Jersey)
Post edited by LaceDat on

Replies to: Pre-Optometry

• katastrophickatastrophic Registered User Posts: 293 Junior Member
    Google it... Though i don't think many exist. You would need to go to undergrad with a relevant major and complete all of the pre-requisites for optometry school, where you will go for grad school. That is the normal route and most schools will want some variety among applicants- who came from many different backgrounds and majors, so once they see Pre-Optometry they'll throw it in a pile with everyone elae who did Pre-Opt.

So my advice is to study what you want to in college, as long as it's not something completely unrelated like Ceramics. If you take the pre-reqs, the schools don't care and they'll actually like the diversity.
  • bilnythesciguybilnythesciguy Registered User Posts: 383 Member
    You might have trouble "seeing eye to eye" with the rest of CC...I am so punny XD
  • reader9reader9 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    You should contact the optometry school you plan to attend and ask for their requirements. It helps if you're OK with memorizing things like in biology and with math like algebra.
This discussion has been closed.