Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How to be more productive on the weekends????

ilikegucciilikegucci Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
edited April 2013 in High School Life
Alright... here it goes.

I'm a junior attending a prep school in NJ, and every week(since sophomore year), I've been aiming to be productive on the weekends. However, whenever Saturday classes are done, I'm absolutely pooped... and I become so lazy that I just watch Youtube or something for the rest of the weekend. I know it's because of this bad habit that I have not been doing as well in classes as I should be. Plus, I get super depressed thinking about how I just wasted my entire weekend and how I could have been working or hanging around with friends (or even making some... :P).

I never had this problem up to the end of my freshman year, where I went to school back in my home country; my parents wouldn't allow me to be as lazy as I am here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by ilikegucci on

Replies to: How to be more productive on the weekends????

• ilikegucciilikegucci Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Someone please answer me... :( i know you guys are seeing this post...
  • greenthumb88greenthumb88 Registered User Posts: 54 New Member
    How about going to the library to study? Maybe a change of scenery might help with making progress. But you do need at least a day off so don't be so hard on yourself.....
  • FastNeutrinoFastNeutrino Registered User Posts: 831 Member
    Personally, I work my butt off during weekdays so I can take weekends off (for the most part). Everyone needs some time off.
  • ilikegucciilikegucci Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Thanks for the reply guys. Sorry for sounding so desperate haha.

greenthumb: I LOVE studying at the library. The problem is it's closed on Saturdays... and I'm a streak kind of guy. If I don't work on Saturday, I don't feel like working on Sundays :P But I really like your idea of studying somewhere else... I'll look for somewhere new and quiet!

Fast: very true. do you think that might include Fridays? Because I never thought about it... I always slack off on Fridays, then there's Saturday classes, and then there's more homework, and everything goes downhill from there. Thank you for the insight.
  • closertothestarsclosertothestars Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    If the library is closed, how about going to Panera or Starbucks? I personally love going to Barnes and Noble because it's quiet and spacy (Panera and Starbucks can get a bit loud sometimes). And if you get bored, you can get a drink or browse books! :D

In general, I would just take things one at a time. Do the thing that you really, really need to do first to get it out of the way. Then, reward yourself with a break or a treat afterwards. Sometimes, when you have A LOT to do, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and and cave to your temptations. If you take things one at a time, it's not as bad. Just don't try to do everything all at once with no break. You can try studying for one hour, taking a ten minute break, and then repeating.

If that still doesn't work and you're really serious about not procrastinating, you could try blocking Youtube and other sites that typically distract you. Hope this helps you!
This discussion has been closed.