Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Junior year workload

Blazer24Blazer24 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited August 2013 in High School Life
This upcoming year I am going to be taking 3 AP classes: AP English, AP Chem (most concerned about), and AP US + Pre calculus and Spanish 2 (not much of a concern). Last year I took all honors and one AP class which was AP World and got a 3 on the AP test. I've gotten solid A's in every class and I am a 4.0 student but I am unsure on how much of a workload I will have this year. The past 2 years I was able to get away with not having to study too much but I am willing to study a lot if I have to. But I'm also concerned about SAT's and have started studying for that. Also, I am on the varsity cheer team which is year round and will require time to. Any advice from people who have taken these particular classes (especially AP chem. I have started studying and memorized the commonly used ions but I'm still a little skeptical) and what the workload is like? I am really trying to maintain a 4.0 but I guess it would be okay if it dropped a little after all colleges prefer AP classes anyways right?
Post edited by Blazer24 on

Replies to: Junior year workload

• Sophia7710Sophia7710 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    I took AP chem as a sophomore and its a double block class at my school (we have four classes a day, A day and B day. chemistry is everyday). it was difficult but I managed to maintain a solid 92 for the year and I got a 4 on the exam. I think it really depends how your teacher is, really, because mine was very harsh and pushed us until we couldn't take it. hope I helped!
  • Blazer24Blazer24 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Hmm okay thank you! I guess it should be possible then
This discussion has been closed.