Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

How to get organized and improve my work ethic?

6alibah6alibah Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
I just finished my first week of sophomore year and the workload has definantly increased from last year. I'm having a tough time thinking about how I should stay organized for my classes. Most of them are lecture based meaning the teacher talks most of the time and it's our job to take notes and a lot of what they say could possibly be on a test or quiz. For my A.P gov class I have a notebook for my textbook notes. This week I just wrote down important things to remember from the lectures in class since my notes were very detailed. We also do a lot of outside reading that we're responsible to know for test and quizzes. I used loose leaf paper and wrote down important things for this also. My plan is to type up everything together as we go along so I can have it all more organized and use my typed up copy as a study guide. Would it benefit me to just get a seperate notebook to take notes in for class readings and discussion or is this method okay for now? I have a similar problem with my English class. I write down important things to know and I plan to type it up later. I really dislike taking sloppy notes during class but it's very hard to keep up sometimes and my teacher doesn't like us copying down stuff from powerpoints. Should I just get over it and get another notebook or stay with the typing idea? It's very important to me that I improve my organization and work ethic this year to prepare for junior year when things get a lot tougher.
Any tips or tricks for staying organized?
How do you stay organized in school?
This discussion has been closed.