Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

High School Class of 2018

Replies to: High School Class of 2018

• dietcigdietcig Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    tip: actually read all of these emails from colleges because sometimes they throw in fee waivers at the bottom of the message!! I really wasn't all that interested in Swarthmore because I already have enough reaches. But they just waived my application fee so I may end up applying in late December
  • madison2000madison2000 Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    So I'm finishing my last AP Lit book tonight! Only a couple of math problems in my packet left, two federalist paper notes along with one current event left. Will finish almost all if not most of my summer work tomorrow after work. I get my schedule tomorrow along with it being my last day of work tomorrow, go back to school on Wednesday. These past two weeks I've been stressed about getting my AP work done, but knowing that I pulled through and I am so close to finishing feels so good!

PSA: If you have to read Wuthering Heights, or another hard to follow book (mainly due to the many characters), then go on Youtube and see if there is an audiobook. I found the audiobook for Wuthering Heights and it literally saved my life and forced me to actually read it.
  • HamlonHamlon Registered User Posts: 1,135 Senior Member
    @madison2000 I've done that before too! I have a knack for falling asleep if a book is really really uninteresting. Reading along with the audio book forced me to move on instead of reading the same lines over and over because I got distracted. It also helps to play the vid on 1.5 to 2x the normal speed.
    @Hamlon That's exactly what I did. I did 1.25x because 1x was way too slow but 1.5x was way too fast.
  • agentaquastaragentaquastar Registered User Posts: 319 Member
    Audiobooks are my favorite invention in the world. We've been using them in the car since 1st grade and I always use them on walks/jogs :)
    Very fun esp if it's a good narrator. If you can afford an audible membership it's worth every penny
  • Marg532Marg532 Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    edited August 11
    My school's office is closed today, and the schooltool site for the school is also closed, which means that the schedules are probably being put in today! So I should probably have my official schedule by tomorrow (if my theory is correct)!!!
    EDIT: I read the date on the schooltool website wrong #-o It's closed on the 18th, so that's probably when I'm going to get my schedule, not today.

Also, I'm almost done with my summer homework (due on Monday, yikes)! I have to finish reading the last required reading chapter in my Gov textbook and do a chapter sheet on it, and write the last half of my Lang assignment. I'm really getting down to the wire, but I can do it! :))
  • Marg532Marg532 Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    @sewin2music I go back September 6th (we always start after Labor Day)
  • gigichuckgigichuck Registered User Posts: 391 Member
    @dietcig I got a fee waiver from Swarthmore too, and UMN Twin Cities
  • HamlonHamlon Registered User Posts: 1,135 Senior Member
    MIT app is open. Good luck everyone!
  • kassh4kassh4 Registered User Posts: 892 Member
    Crazy to think that we will be done with all the college apps within 5 months.
  • neptunaneptuna Registered User Posts: 438 Member
    My Matriculate advisor completely abandoned me. First it was that her laptop wasn't working, second it was that she was having family problems, third it was that she hadn't gotten her schedule yet, and finally it was that her phone was having issues. She didn't even show up to most of our scheduled meetings and kept putting them off. I'm already feeling pretty overwhelmed by college apps so idek what I'm gonna do
  • kassh4kassh4 Registered User Posts: 892 Member
    @neptuna Try to get another one, my mentor is pretty dedicated and she is awesome. I'm sure there are plenty of other ones just like her. Most people that have a mentor will probably say the same.
  • VolunteerismVolunteerism Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    @dietcig I got a fee waiver from Swarthmore too.
  • xxluvforeverxxxxluvforeverxx Registered User Posts: 168 Junior Member
    @kassh4 Yes, it will be a relief as well.
    Got my schedule!! Not too happy that I have AP Calc AB first thing in the morning, but super happy that I have AP US Gov last because I love that teacher and she makes the class fly by! By seeing my schedule it really hit me that I start school on Wednesday.

It was my last day of work today and I was able to finish my last book for AP Lit and all of my Calc Packet. I just really need to work hard to finish my AP Gov work, my goal is to have everything finished by Sunday.