Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

High School Class of 2018

Replies to: High School Class of 2018

• snowfairy137snowfairy137 Registered User Posts: 1,857 Senior Member
    Is anyone going to see the full solar eclipse? I'm driving with my friend and her family down to Oregon next week so hopefully we find a spot! It's supposed to be mega crowded though.
  • xxluvforeverxxxxluvforeverxx Registered User Posts: 168 Junior Member
    The solar eclipse will happen during my physics class, so we will go see it through a hole in a cardboard box.
  • ak2018ak2018 Registered User Posts: 2,862 Senior Member
    Hey Everyone! Just got back from SAMS and I have to say that the final three weeks were so much better than the first three weeks. Ended Pre-Calc with a B. I am still on-the-fence about applying to CMU, but I am planning on applying to the CMU Celebration of Diversity fly-in, which SAMS students were told that they have first priority for. Now that I'm back home, I'm getting ready for senior year (starts in two weeks) and college apps. I'm also planning on taking an SAT practice test later this week.

@snowfairy137 I live in the 80% totality range, so I'm planning on going to viewing party that day.
  • madison2000madison2000 Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    Where I live we're getting more than 90%, since we're only like 3 hours from the 100% section. My school is doing a event for an hour but I'm not exactly sure what it is. I think it's also during my chemistry class, so I don't know if we'll do a short lesson on it or not. In my opinion this is such a great learning experience for all students no matter what the age. But I did see that we are having another in the not super far future so we will possibly have another one in our lifetime.

I got my schedule this week and I am quite pleased. The only not so good part is I have AP Calc AB first this in the morning (8:00) but I have my favorite teacher last period and she makes the class fly by. I also don't have any of my AP classes back-to-back so I will get a break in between those.

I also hate myself for waiting so last minute for all of my AP summer work. I have spent the last week doing it non-stop but hopefully I will get really close to finishing today. I just hate that I spent my last week of freedom doing AP work, but I am pretty proud of the work I did, my goal for not having any work to do the day before school (Tuesday) might actually be reached!
  • kassh4kassh4 Registered User Posts: 892 Member
    When does everyone go back to school?

I go back Friday. ripp.
  • acomfysofaacomfysofa Registered User Posts: 298 Junior Member
    September 7th. When I was younger, I always wondered why YouTube had back to school videos so early. Now I know why ;;)
  • aspiringgirlaspiringgirl Registered User Posts: 499 Member
    Same @kassh4

what state are you from?
  • IridescentgazeIridescentgaze Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    I go back next week Monday.
  • kassh4kassh4 Registered User Posts: 892 Member
  • Marg532Marg532 Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    I'm almost done with my AP Lang summer assignment, but for some reason I can't make myself type up two short paragraphs :| on the bright side, I've finished my AP Gov summer assignment! Super proud of myself :D
  • agentaquastaragentaquastar Registered User Posts: 319 Member
    Working out is so hard I-) someone please tell me how to do it (and how to motivate yourself...)
  • ak2018ak2018 Registered User Posts: 2,862 Senior Member
    Just uploaded my SAMS 2017 video!: https://youtu.be/gQ6Ieu4ST14
  • carmen00carmen00 Registered User Posts: 227 Junior Member
    two weeks until school! vacation has been amazing so far. I don't want to go back home!
  • mel007mel007 Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    @gigichuck are applying to the class of 2022? cause if you are, you should join the official applicants Facebook group! there's one every year and this year's one just started! it's called "NYUAD - class of 2022 applicants" (its the one with the purple icon!) its really helpful every year, for getting tips and advice and discussing with other applicants
  • gigichuckgigichuck Registered User Posts: 391 Member
    @Melzarts Okay. Will do. Thanks