Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

High School Class of 2018

Replies to: High School Class of 2018

• writergirl0316writergirl0316 Registered User Posts: 413 Member
    Not sure if this is any consolation, but a similar thing happened to me on my last AP Lit exam. I was running on about an hour of sleep because all of my teachers assigned work at the same time (end of marking period), and my brain just couldn't process anything. Nothing clicked. I think I got a C+... curved. My AP Lit teacher gives us so many assignments per marking period that I was still comfortably at a high-mid A, but it definitely stung. A similar thing happened in AP Calc last year, but my teacher dropped the lowest test so it ended up being okay. It happens to the best of us. @Marg532
  • writergirl0316writergirl0316 Registered User Posts: 413 Member
    Also, speaking of study schedules, I always break down how much time I plan to spend on each activity so I feel productive and actually get things done. Funny story, but I wanted to go see Lady Bird with my best friend about two weeks before her finals (she's a college freshman), and she was complaining that she couldn't go because she needed to study for calc. I called her and basically dictated a schedule of practice tests and review that would allow her to make the movie and she was too scared of my planning to question it, so she did exactly what I said. When she ended her first semester with a 3.93 GPA and everyone was asking her for study tips, she said she owed it to my yelling at her to get her life together... lol.

And yes, we made it to see Lady Bird. ;)

@Marg532
  • not2disappearnot2disappear Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Hi pals did anyone get waitlisted (not deferred) ED?
  • MangoLover11223MangoLover11223 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    Our school tried to encourage resilience by creating a wall of rejection on which people post the colleges they’ve been rejected from.
    It’s been 3 months and there’s nothing on the rejection wall lol. Everyone always makes these remarks about the wall, but I mean I get not wanting to share your rejection with the world... especially since failure is viewed as such a negative thing at our school. I kind of dislike the idea of the whole in general.... they’re even thinking of making it mandatory to participate in the wall of rejection and... just, no.
  • ski_racerski_racer Registered User Posts: 374 Member
    @MangoLover11223 it's possible no one has been rejected yet. I applied to 10 schools, and I'm accepted to 3, deferred at 1, and still waiting on 6. So, I haven't officially been rejected yet.
  • MangoLover11223MangoLover11223 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    @ski_racer maybe that’s true I honestly have no idea lol, but our senior class has 400 people so I thought some people (EA??) would’ve gotten results back but honestly I’m not sure for certain lol it’s just the cringey wall that’s like... why?
  • dancinginastormdancinginastorm Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    @writergirl0316 Lady Bird is so amazing!!! I loved it so much, especially since its relatable at this point in our lives :P
  • ak2018ak2018 Registered User Posts: 2,903 Senior Member
    @Marg532 That sounds horrible! Hope you're okay now.

In terms of my life right now, it's pretty okay. I'm applying to my last college in two days and my Robotics mentoring ends in ten days. I also have two retake A LOT of Calculus assignments.
  • 18college111118college1111 Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    I've been deferred for a school. Should I send them my 800 Math level 2 score, or just mention it in the "deferred students" form that I have to fill out?
  • frazzledazzlefrazzledazzle Registered User Posts: 721 Member
    edited January 13
    I'm over the moon right now! I got a 71 on my AP Physics test yesterday, which isn't a great score but it's the best I've done all year by 11 points!! I thought I was going to do horrible since it included SHM, but I did better than I thought! I even got 14/15 on one of the free responses (the one that was SHM lmao). A 71 isn't great, but considering AP Physics has been a challenge for me this year and the tests are hard, I consider it to be a massive success. I just wanted to share this since I'm so happy right now!!!
  • frazzledazzlefrazzledazzle Registered User Posts: 721 Member
    @18college1111 I would send a score report and mention it in the form so they know to look for it.
  • carmen00carmen00 Registered User Posts: 269 Junior Member
    As an Eagles fan, it’s been a good day!

I’m so ready for graduation, guys. A bunch of people from my school are graduating in a week. I kinda wish I were too! I technically could have, but I think it’s better for me to take college courses next semester bc they’re all free/cheap.
  • Marg532Marg532 Registered User Posts: 429 Member
    So it's day 2/3 of my 3 day weekend and yesterday was super productive but so far I haven't done anything that I scheduled to do because I laid in bed on my phone for an hour and a half this morning whOOPS! Plus I have a 4 hour guard practice tonight and I'm coming down with something so that's not going to be any kind of fun :)) I'm going to try and do some essays for different scholarship apps today, though. Wish me luck!
  • MNgurl101MNgurl101 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    I kept getting 79-ish percent on the multiple choice sections of my college chem tests but I've consistently gotten 93%+ on my short answer parts and it's super weird because it's basically the same stuff and the short answer is actually harder :))
  • ski_racerski_racer Registered User Posts: 374 Member
    My first physical therapy appointment is tomorrow! Send some good vibes!