Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Seniors: How has the stress affected YOU?

EricMetubiev2EricMetubiev2 - Posts: 187 Junior Member
edited October 2013 in High School Life
With everything going on in the heart of application season, has anything about your lifestyle changed, in any way?

For me, I've become extremely paranoid about everything, and think everyone's out to get me.

How 'bout you?
Post edited by EricMetubiev2 on

Replies to: Seniors: How has the stress affected YOU?

• preamble1776preamble1776 Registered User Posts: 4,731 Senior Member
    Actually, when it comes to stress, I'm not constantly stressed, but rather, I undergo long periods of calmness and optimism, followed by small bouts of extreme stress and worry (pulling an all-nighter once every two or three weeks, for instance). So, for the most part, my lifestyle hasn't changed. All I have to do is my RD supplements and I have ample time to do those. Everything else is falling into place.
  • baileyj57baileyj57 Registered User Posts: 742 Member
    I've become an emotional rollercoaster, lol. Monday night, I was perfectly calm. I had submitted my application that was due on the first, I didn't have an insane amount of homework, I was optimistic. I've cried from stress twice tonight. It's getting ridiculous.
  • jheonojheono Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    These college apps really cut a hole into my ego and made me re-evaluate who I was as a person. Truthfully, I was a really cocky individual beforehand, but after coming to terms with myself and my limitations, I'm secure in what I CAN and CAN'T do.

But yeah, stress is killing me WHY WON'T DECEMBER COME FASTER
  • NikkkkkiNikkkkki Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    LOL IT HAS BEEN AWFUL!! Sometimes I. Fine and then the next day I'm freaking out about colleges and stuff! And talking to friends doesn't help cuz they all are stressing about the same stuff... Ah I just hope once admissions decisions start rolling in it'll get better!
This discussion has been closed.