Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is anyone awake?

preamble1776preamble1776 Registered User Posts: 4,731 Senior Member
edited December 2013 in High School Life
I woke up an hour ago so I could work on supplements...

"You are required to spend the next year of your life in either the past or the future. What year would you travel to and why?"

...I wrote my essay on going to Rome so I could listen to Cicero give a speech... I don't think its the answer they're looking for. It doesn't really say anything about me other than I have a really weird fixation on Cicero. :/

Replies to: Is anyone awake?

• halcyonheatherhalcyonheather Registered User Posts: 8,987 Senior Member
    Yeah, I've been on break for two weeks, which means I'm now completely nocturnal. I'll go to sleep at eight in the morning or so.
    You are required to spend the next year of your life in either the past or the future.

I'm already going to spend the next year of my life in the future, no? And if I'm living in the future, then the future becomes the present and it's not the future anymore.

I'm uncultured and I don't have an intellectual answer for this, but I would want to go back to 1999 or so and see what the world was really like. For some reason it's really weird to me that everything I learn about in school existed back then just as much as it does now, and I didn't know anything about the world outside of my preschool and the house I lived in.
  • preamble1776preamble1776 Registered User Posts: 4,731 Senior Member
    I wish I could come up with something clever or witty - which is what I'm sure they're looking for, so an admissions officer can go "aha! I like this kid!" or whatever...

...I wrote 250 words about how I really want to go to 63 BCE Rome so I can listen to Cicero give his Catilinarian Oration because I translated the whole thing once from Latin to English and I feel "very fond" about it. :/ I'm literally so lame I can't even fathom it half the time.
This discussion has been closed.