Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Senior Schedule

Kitten23Kitten23 Registered User Posts: 576 Member
This is what my schedule currently consists of, but I still have one more class period to fill. Help?

Calculus
Physics
Astrophysics
Gov/ Econ
Modern Lit/ British Lit
PE/ Psychology

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am deciding between Spanish 3, Art 1, or a study hall. My thoughts about each:

-I really don't care about Spanish proficiency. My current Spanish 2 class is becoming too much work. Sure I have a high A, but I hate it. We get ~50 words and in a week or less test on them. It's ridiculous.

-I like art in my spare time. I don't necessarily like to finish a drawing on command, which is kind of a requirement for the class since I would have a weekly drawing assignment. I feel as though I would spend too much time perfecting a drawing, thus taking away from my other studies.

-I have never taken a study hall before, but it has become an option that I'm considering more and more for next year. If nothing else, I could use this time for extracurricular things (many people at my school do).

Replies to: Senior Schedule

• Kitten23Kitten23 Registered User Posts: 576 Member
    Basically, which one would be most beneficial?
  • HawkaceHawkace Registered User Posts: 2,481 Senior Member
    Depends on your major but of course, 3-4 years of foreign language is very beneficial. Next comes Art and then Study Hall
  • Kitten23Kitten23 Registered User Posts: 576 Member
    That's how I originally placed them as well, but then I started to consider other factors. If I hate the class, then senioritis may hit even worse than it already has (I've technically been a senior since sometime towards the end my 2nd year of HS. Two+ years of senioritis plus a class I hate could spell disaster. I really don't want to wreck my GPA because of Spanish.) Art may be a more relaxing period, giving me a little break. Study hall would do the same, except instead of drawing, I could work on whatever I wanted to. I don't know anymore...

By the way, I plan to be a STEM major.
  • HawkaceHawkace Registered User Posts: 2,481 Senior Member
    If you want to be a STEM major, then Art can help with diagrams and sketches in college. If you don't like Spanish, go with Art
This discussion has been closed.