Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

my dad ****es me off

theripcurl1969theripcurl1969 Registered User Posts: 1,100 Member
edited April 2006 in High School Life
if so join the club

my dad can be such an ass. he makes $150,000 a year and still wont get me a car (not even a $2000 car). he only started to pay for my phone bill at the beginning of the semester. he is making me go to uci (even though i would much rather go to ucsd). right now i cant think of one thing on the top of my head that he has done that has positively impacted my life.
Post edited by theripcurl1969 on

Replies to: my dad ****es me off

• corrangedcorranged Registered User Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    My father can be obnoxious, but I would never say I hate him because he won't buy me a car or pay my phone bills. (He makes significantly more than your father, as well.)
  • RBase07RBase07 Registered User Posts: 989 Member
    Well, considering mine almost died two days ago, and just received a surgery that will let him live, I would have to say no.

Who could HATE their dad? You sound like a spoiled rich kid, theripcurl1969. Get your head on straight and stop talking like an ass. You call him an ass because he won't let you have a car, but you sound like a complete snob. 'OMG I can't have a CAAAAAAAAAR! Jeez man! He's freakin rich ANYway!'

Dude, chill out... It's JUST a car. What if your dad couldn't LIVE anymore? Would you really even CARE about driving again? You would feel like a total loser to care more about having a car than having a dad.

I speak from personal experience. My dad was diagnosed just three days ago with a subarachnoid hemorrage (google it; it's like an aneurysm) and was SOOOOOOOO close to dying this week it's ridicuulous.

Honestly, dude.. get ur head on straight.
  • d3!tyd3!ty Registered User Posts: 393 Member
    **** happens, dude. Kids are starving in Africa. Stop being so lame.
  • theripcurl1969theripcurl1969 Registered User Posts: 1,100 Member
    alright sorry. its just that my dad isnt letting me choose where i want to go to college. i dont have one word in my next four years. i have tried convincing him but he just wont listen. ur right the car doesnt really matter in the long run but damn its my education so cant i have a word with it?
  • georgemclellan45georgemclellan45 Registered User Posts: 212 Junior Member
    Maybe you should talk to your dad instead of screaming irrationally here? Idk, that just seems more productive.
    ^once u meet my dad, you will find out that will NEVER happen.
  • georgemclellan45georgemclellan45 Registered User Posts: 212 Junior Member
    You know, I'm not sure about that. I have a vague idea of how you feel (Obviously I am not you, and each individual situation is different). I used to be totally unable to speak with my father, and it drove me nuts. Eventually, however, I realized that repressing anger toward my father was only going to hurt me later in life. So don't cut off your nose to spite your face just yet.
    i talked with him less than two hours ago. the conversation started off pretty calm then i asked him the real reason of why he wont let me go to sd and he starts freaking out. "we have already had this conversation before" i am like "what ****ing conversation? everytime i try to talk to u, u say not now, i am busy. tell me why i cant go to sd" and then he says "go to ur ****ing bed" i am like "r u retarded its 7:30 pm." "he says get out of the kitchen" and i am like "calm urself down!!!: "GET OUT!!" and i am like "wow that was a great conversation. thanks anyways" and "BAM!" i slam the door.

it doesnt get much better than this.
  • evil_asian_dictatorevil_asian_dictator - Posts: 2,306 Senior Member
    d3!ty wrote:
    **** happens, dude. Kids are starving in Africa. Stop being so lame
    I HATE IT when people always use the humanitarian situation in Africa as a an analogy to any bad event that occurs in their life or the lives of others they know. **** dude, just because kids are starving in Africa that doesn't mean the poor bastard shouldn't get a car and go to the college he wants to.
  • BestMiler1BestMiler1 Registered User Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    ^^ exactly....if people feel so bad about it? why dont the world just concentrate on africa?....i mean look at us, the Americans, do we care? not a whole deal....our concentration is our soldiers in Iraq... I agree with e_a_d....people shouldnt use things like that for something so little....and its not his fault his father is rich, and some kid in africa has a poor father....he shouldnt be punished for his father's success
    btw theripculr1969....i KNOW HOW YOU FEEL
  • Junior89Junior89 Registered User Posts: 700 Member
    According to the Africa logic, no one should ever be upset or ****ed off because there will always be someone who is worse off than they are.
  • BestMiler1BestMiler1 Registered User Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    wow we joined at the same time...yet i have like a whole lot of posts than you....damn i gotta get off this site...holly cow IM ADDICTED
  • evil_asian_dictatorevil_asian_dictator - Posts: 2,306 Senior Member
    I really hope that the whole college deal works out for you BestMiler because it seems like you're an awesome guy and don't deserve this ****. I kinda hate how colleges put so much emphasis on one test too.
  • RBase07RBase07 Registered User Posts: 989 Member
    you guys are idiots (only the people that agree with theripcurl1969). You all sound like selfish teenagers who care more about going to a certain college or having a car than having parents. Listen to yourselves: "I KNOW how you feel"

Get over it and grow up, all of you.
  • FlippyFlippy - Posts: 1,284 Senior Member
    Everyone's parents suck ass (including my own).
This discussion has been closed.