Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Chem and AP Bio?

gymgirl132gymgirl132 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
So this is my first post, but I don't know what to do about my classes for next year.
Next year I will be a senior, and AP classes aren't really offered before that (except APUSH). I have taken honors bio, chem, and physics before and done pretty well, and I think that I want to major in something science related when I go to college, since it is my favorite subject. Here's the classes I was thinking of taking next year:
AP Chem
AP Bio
BC Calc
AP Spanish
Honors British LIterature
I'm just a little bit worried that the workload will be too much and that the classes will be too difficult. If I didn't take AP Chem, my other option would be honors psych, which doesn't sound as interesting to me as chemistry. I really don;t know what to do because I want to take both sciences, but I don't know if it would be too much. Any advice would be great!

Replies to: AP Chem and AP Bio?

• halcyonheatherhalcyonheather Registered User Posts: 8,987 Senior Member
    I think you'll be fine as long as you have the prerequisites for these classes. Why are you only taking five classes?
  • gymgirl132gymgirl132 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    At my school there are only six blocks a day (in a rotation of 8 days), and the sciences take up a whole block plus extra blocks for labs (2 during the eight day cycle): It's all that fits and 5 or 6 classes is what is normal at my school
This discussion has been closed.