right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Science Research Assistant

MuonNeutrinoMuonNeutrino 36 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
Just wondering if any of you have or are a high school research assistant like at a university or lab elsewhere?

How did you get that position?
What do you do there?

Thanks (:
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Science Research Assistant

• foolishfoolish 880 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 894 Member
    I don't but the answer is going to be:
    CONNECTIONS
    · Reply · Share
  • cso1640cso1640 80 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    @foolish not necessarily. I have a research position with a local university professor, and I have no connections at all. Basically what I did was email a LOT of professors at nearby universities asking if I could help with any research. Probably ~8 professors emailed back to say they did not have any openings, and 1 accepted me! All it takes is one "yes".
    · Reply · Share
  • foolishfoolish 880 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 894 Member
    idk I think it depends your location too
    competitive states like NJ probably need a connection because there are so many available people, whereas Wyoming would be happy to find someone who can use the internet to send the email (unless of course cso you got one in NJ, I would then be flabbergasted because I sent 100 emails and got no responses :3)
    · Reply · Share
  • MuonNeutrinoMuonNeutrino 36 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    That sounds amazing! If you don't mind me asking: what do they have you do there?
    · Reply · Share
  • cso1640cso1640 80 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    @foolish I live in virginia, got one in DC
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity