Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Advice for AP?

PolarScat67PolarScat67 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
I am becoming a sophomore this year and I will be taking AP World History while self studying two other AP courses. Any advice for World History? My school doesn't offer any similar classes freshman year. I am planning to self study AP Statistics and AP Physics 1. I am certain I will do statistics, but I am not sure about physics. I took a physics algebra-based class last year and managed to get an A in the class, and I still remember about 80% of what I learned in that class right now.

Any good books or videos out there to help me self study and good tips of World History?

Thanks.

Replies to: Advice for AP?

• joscarterjoscarter Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    My school let sophomores take AP World as their first and only AP class. We had "Roots of Civilization" freshman year, which was basically like a less in-depth version of WHAP; that prepared us a lot. Watch Crash Course World History (by John Green on Youtube); especially if your teacher is less than great. If you take good notes in the class, then if you can start studying them a few weeks before the AP exam you'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.