Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is my schedule ok for sophomore year?

tomjagner17tomjagner17 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
Here's my schedule.
1. Honors Chemistry
2. Jazz Band
3. Mastery Band
4. Intermediate Orchestra
5. AP U.S. History
6. French II
7. Honors American Literature
8. Honors Precalculus

I feel like I should've taken 2 more AP classes but then again I wanted to have fun this year and do more music. Did I make a bad decision and should I go get my schedule changed? I can handle AP's but I thought that would be no fun. I'm planning on taking 4 AP classes junior year... Is that a good idea? I'm planning on going to an Ivy League and I just wanted to know if I was somewhat rigorous/competitive based on my schedule. Will this lower my chances by not taking enough AP classes??? HELP!

Replies to: Is my schedule ok for sophomore year?

• Laura280Laura280 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    I'm glad to see you chose music over AP classes. Do what makes you happy, not what's more rigorous. However, what are the two AP classes you would take? Colleges like to see passion and with this schedule you can definitely tell you have a passion for music.
  • tomjagner17tomjagner17 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    @Laura280 Thanks for the reply! I would've taken AP Music Theory and AP Chemistry
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 43,580 Super Moderator
    I would have inserted AP Music Theory in there over one of the ensembles as you have a passion for music
  • guineagirl96guineagirl96 Forum Champion Math/Computer Science, Forum Champion Richmond Posts: 3,856 Forum Champion
    What is mastery band? Is that like beginning band? I think AP music theory would fit your needs better than that. I took 2 ensembles my junior year, and 2 + AP music theory senior year which no one had ever done at my school. It really set me apart in admissions.
  • tomjagner17tomjagner17 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    edited July 2014
    @guineagirl96 Mastery Band is the top band class at my school
  • guineagirl96guineagirl96 Forum Champion Math/Computer Science, Forum Champion Richmond Posts: 3,856 Forum Champion
    Oh... then I would stick with it :D my bad. Although you should definitely think about taking AP music theory junior or senior year.
This discussion has been closed.