Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Back to school shopping...

avm405avm405 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
edited July 2014 in High School Life
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but its my senior year and i was just wondering how much do yall spend on back to school shopping.
About how much on clothes?
About how much on supplies?
Im just wondering, thanks.

Replies to: Back to school shopping...

• ErenYeagerErenYeager Registered User Posts: 537 Member
    Let's not think about this yet.
  • avm405avm405 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    I was asking because next weekend is tax free weekend where i live so i just wanted to know. Its sad because i feel like summer just flew by because august is the busy month!
  • HawkaceHawkace Registered User Posts: 2,481 Senior Member
    Tax free weekend? Is that actually a thing?
  • foolishfoolish Registered User Posts: 894 Member
    I blame canada

OP: $0 on clothes, $10 on folders
  • justacitygirljustacitygirl Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    it's always canada.
    I splurge on back to school. All the notebooks call to me. And all the cute clothes.
    So, probably $30 on binders/pens/paper/locker magnets(?) and $60 on dresses and whatnot
  • z0e101z0e101 Registered User Posts: 293 Junior Member
    Clothes: I'm a senior, idc what I wear. Probably will buy sweaters since my school is freezing. Supplies: Spent prob $200 this year because of an expensive calculator I need and the fact my mom likes to buy notebooks in bulk. I've normally got extra school supplies (paper, pens, notebooks, etc.) stored away in the garage so we don't have to keep buying throughout the year.

Oh, and I start school on August 4th :(
  • PolyglotGalPolyglotGal Registered User Posts: 277 Junior Member
    On clothing: $0 ; I haven't bought new clothing in 6 years
    School supplies: $25; my dad buys these 20 cent notebooks from the supermarket he works at + he gets a discount, so he buys them in bulk, and we find 69 cent binders and bags of pencils at the thrift store.
  • letmeseetheworldletmeseetheworld Registered User Posts: 1,284 Senior Member
    There used to be tax free weekend where I live. Not sure if we still have it or not.
  • letmeseetheworldletmeseetheworld Registered User Posts: 1,284 Senior Member
    Getting school supplies is actually part of one my summer assignments and yes, we'll get graded for it.
    Thats crazy that it's a grade. Normally at my school people show up on the first day with an empty bag. We get our syllabi and supply list (unless you came to open house which pretty much no upperclassmen do) and we're expected to have our stuff by the end of the week. There would be a lot of Fs if it was a grade.
  • avm405avm405 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    I wish i could just wear sweaters everyday at school ughhh. That would be amazing! and i think i should buy a calculator too but they are too expensive, luckily at my school they provide it to us :))))
  • joscarterjoscarter Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    @z0e101‌ you start school August 4?!? We start the 29th...
  • smallkid9smallkid9 Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    I didn't go shopping tax free weekend last year, but my mom spent $20 at retail stores for clothes.
  • ErenYeagerErenYeager Registered User Posts: 537 Member
    @avm405‌ if you want to wear a sweater... wear a sweater? idgi
    @joscarter the downfall of living in the South!
This discussion has been closed.