right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How to prepare for AMC12/AIME/USAMO

kdajfpasfiukdajfpasfiu 36 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hey everyone, I may be in the wrong forum..haha

I am planning to take AMC 12 and at least qualify for AIME. What I am concerning is that this is my first time taking AMC 12. I did not even know AMC has been existing until I came College Confidential.

When I tried to solve past AMC 12 problems, honestly, I could not solve any. I am trying to start from very very basic from now on. So can you guys advise me what to do? Whats the best book for beginner? Also, share how to study effectively!

Thank you guys in advance :D
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How to prepare for AMC12/AIME/USAMO

• elf4EVAelf4EVA 1559 replies33 threads Senior Member
    Get the Art of Problem Solving books (both volumes) and work through them. Also take the previous tests under timed conditions and rework the problems you didn't get the first time around.
    · Reply · Share
  • DiscipulusBonusDiscipulusBonus 820 replies181 threads Senior Member
    Good advice from @elf4eva. You can find the past tests on the AoPS (www.artofproblemsolving.com) website under the AoPSWiki.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity