Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Counselor is making me take an easy course

bubba5274bubba5274 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
Hello all, my problem is this. I am trying to have the most rigorous course load possible because that is what everyone is saying I should do in order to get into a good college. So this year my classes are all AP and Honors (APUSH, APES, APLANG, Honors Chemistry, Honors Law and Justice, Honors Precalc), but my final class is neither. It is called Adventure Education and it seems like a fun class (do obstacle courses and go on adventures), but I requested Honors Speech II. I am afraid colleges will look at my transcript and see that I took one of the easiest classes when I could have taken a much more challenging course. My counselor and school also will not allow me to replace that class and I don't know what to do. Do you guys think colleges would care too much about the lack of difficulty of the class?
Thanks!

Replies to: Counselor is making me take an easy course

• guineagirl96guineagirl96 Forum Champion Math/Computer Science, Forum Champion Richmond Posts: 3,855 Forum Champion
    It's one class and you have a very rigorous schedule. Chill.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 42,097 Super Moderator
    Probably not. If the school limits the amount of AP/Honors courses you an take, there is nothing you can do about it, and colleges will not hold it against you. Either the school profile of the Secondary School Recommendation should address the limitations.
  • elefish92elefish92 Registered User Posts: 609 Member
    Relax, the elite four of APUSH, APENG LANG, Hon. Chem, and Hon. Pre Calc, is good enough, seriously. Even though APES would be a break class, I feel like you would need another break class also because of AP English Language being usually a tedious amount of work (in my opinion).

There is no lack of difficulty I do not know what you are talking about, you'll be okay. Top universities in the USA look at other factors besides GPA and rigor of schedule, anyways.
This discussion has been closed.