Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Class of 2019

Replies to: High School Class of 2019

• fretnotfretnot Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    I hope SATs went well for you guys!
  • sudaniasudania Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    New here! Senior year schedule:

AP Physics 1
    AP Spanish Language
    AP Calculus AB
    Speech/Debate
    English IV Honors (school doesn't offer AP Lit... trying to see if I can take online or something)
    Personal Finance (required at my school :| )

My schedule is super weak with only 3 APs but these reflect the most rigorous classes at my (small) charter school.
  • thefirebirdthefirebird Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    Your schedule isn't weak at all. 3 APs is plenty rigorous! :)
  • plantsplants Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    hey guys, I have a dilemma. So should I take AP stats or AP Calc? I'm going to be a senior right now and I was torn between which math classes to take. I currently have pre-calculus right now and the teacher that teaches AP Calc also teaches my pre-calculus class. He is a really good teacher and I learn a lot in his class but however, his class is very difficult. In my class, only about 5 people have A's and I currently have a high B (89%). I feel like I should take Calc because it would look good on my application but however, everybody in the AP Calc class has been advising me against it. A lot of them have C's but there is a few B's and maybe like 3 A's. His class is really hard but everyone passes the exam. I want to take it but my current UW junior GPA is a 3.9 and I feel like getting a C will kill it. Also, apparently AP stats is an easy A class at my school. Also, math is not one of my strengths so I don't know. I want to major in pre-med in college btw.
  • bway5492bway5492 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    edited March 28
    @plants I can't speak for your school, but my school is the same in terms of no one doing well in AP calc. I think it is an important class, though, and would probably look good for premed. I am in AP calc right now and it is def the lowest grade I have ever had, but I really enjoy the content.
  • bway5492bway5492 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    Ahhhh a bunch of my friends are getting into Ivys and other schools today which is super exciting but also so terrifying. I feel like us hearing back is so soon and so far away at the same time agh
  • jsimon9jsimon9 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    @plants I am in AP Calc BC as a junior, and I would definitely advise against taking it if you think you won't do well. I plan to take AP Stats next year as well! Last semester, I got an 89.75% in calculus, and it's the most frustrated I've ever been over a class. I would say that since we're going to have to be focusing on other classes and the college application process, that such a time-consuming class might interfere with the bigger picture things! However, if you want to challenge yourself, AP Calc is the perfect way to do so!! You'll either have to take it next year or in college, so whichever decision you make, Good Luck!!!
  • jsimon9jsimon9 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I've finally finished my schedule for next year!!

- AP Biology
    - International Relations / AP Comparative Gov.
    - AP Chemistry
    - AP Statistics
    - P.E.
    - Art
    - Dual Enrollment Composition

So ready for senior year and to start applying to colleges!!
  • literallyliteralliterallyliteral Registered User Posts: 247 Junior Member
    So far behind in our AP Bio class...
  • potatoepotatoepotatoepotatoe Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    Got my schedule for senior year!

AP Environmental Science
    AP Government with AP Comparative Government
    AP Literature
    AP Human Geography
    Multi-variable Calculus/ Matrix Algebra
    AP Research
    AP Spanish

I think it will be a busy year and that I am able to balance school and extracurricular. I'm not sure about whether to take AP Environmental Science or a Physics class though... If anyone could advise, that'd be great!
  • iamBookwormiamBookworm Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    I have a dilemma and need some help: Should I take Calculus in Senior year despite having already completed my Math Requirements in 10th Grade(Pre-Calc) and completed Statistics 1 in 11th Grade? I want to take Calculus 1 but I'm afraid it won't fit into my schedule as I attempt to complete my Associate's degree.
  • darkskiesdarkskies Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    I just got my first ACT test score back from the February 27, 2018 state mandated exam and even though I didn’t study or have much prior knowledge about the exam before taking it, I’m pretty happy with my score and actually kinda proud of myself. I will be taking it again in June since I’ll have a week’s time to study beforehand because school will be out so hopefully I do much better then. How do those of you who took the ACT feel about your scores? :)
  • sudaniasudania Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    @darkskies Did you take the test with writing? I'm trying to determine how long it will take to get my scores if I take the April 14 ACT.
  • fretnotfretnot Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    @sudania I took the test back in early September 2017, and received my score report in mid to early-October? I also did the writing
  • darkskiesdarkskies Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    yeah I took it with writing, I waited a little more than 5 weeks. My writing score was a 10 which I’m really surprised about because I ran out of paper with 7 mins left to write and was literally in the middle of a sentence and just stopped due to not having enough room. Thankfully I only had my conclusion left so I guess I got those points in my intro. I’d recommend taking it with writing just in case any schools you want to go to end up requiring it.