Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

United 93.

Jonathan1Jonathan1 Registered User Posts: 5,744 Senior Member
edited April 2006 in High School Life
I just got back from seeing the movie United 93. What did you guys think about it?
Post edited by Jonathan1 on

Replies to: United 93.

• jackson17jackson17 Registered User Posts: 1,160 Senior Member
    I haven't seen it, but there's a pretty good TV movie called Flight 93, just came out, which I saw this morning. This one was probably more teary, but I thought it was exceptionally good and moving for a TV movie. The story is exactly the same.
  • IcerIcer Registered User Posts: 1,012 Member
    I liked Flight 93. I liked the scalding of the terrorist
  • lablondielablondie Registered User Posts: 5,014 Senior Member
    I thought it was completely enthralling, and had a beautiful deeper message. The entire middle was superb and I adored the end, even though the start was a bit slow. Definitely one of my favorite movies. I completely recommend it. I'm actually going to go see it again tonight.
    I want to see it this weekend....maybe after the SAT!

60 seconds.....I hate waiting for it.
  • shaddixshaddix Registered User Posts: 2,256 Senior Member
    I will probably see it on May 12. I really want to see it, but I don't have the time right now.
  • lablondielablondie Registered User Posts: 5,014 Senior Member
    I probably won't see it.
  • Jonathan1Jonathan1 Registered User Posts: 5,744 Senior Member
    I saw the TV movie on A&E or whatever. It was pretty good.
    That's the one I saw....I liked it. It was definitely one of the saddest movies I've seen in a long time.
  • Justinian IJustinian I Registered User Posts: 1,362 Member
    I saw it on A&E. I thought the plot and personal stories were chilling and moving, but the acting was terrible. The terrorists looked somewhat hispanic rathern than middle eastern.
  • Jonathan1Jonathan1 Registered User Posts: 5,744 Senior Member
    Justinian, please respond to my PM. :)
  • SilverCloverSilverClover Registered User Posts: 709 Member
    I won't see it. There's something sincerely not right about making a profit off of other's misery. 10% of the first weekend's profits are simply a joke in the face of the victims.
    I don't think that's what it's about. It's a tribute to the courage of the victims who suffered that day. The families of the victims were involved in the making of the film, so I don't think it was a make-a-profit kind of deal. It seems completely genuine and thankful to me, and it only shows the victims in honor.
  • Private_JokerPrivate_Joker Registered User Posts: 812 Member
    For those of you who aren't comfortable with a feature film about United 93, I assure you that the movie stems from a positive, altruistic nature than just making a profit.

I was initially uncomfortable with the movie, too, until I saw the movie Flight 93 on A&E. Then, it hit me that the story of these passengers needed to be seen. They needed to be remembered in a way that reading and hearing about Flight 93 could accomplish, because with the movie I was tranported into the last hours of these passengers and sat in their seats. I cried when they cried. I felt what they felt, their pain of loss, their pain of fear, their pain of death. I thought, what is it to die, if they were not rembered for their life.

This is why I support the movie, because, before, I saw these people as numbers of victims attatched with names. Now, I see their lives and their spirits. It's as if they- Todd, Elizabeth, Jeremy-materialized on the screen in front of me. And, at the end of the movie, the only thing I could think was, "What a loss. What pain they must have felt."
This discussion has been closed.