right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Senior year schedule

ncubed014ncubed014 11 replies21 threads Junior Member
Hey guys senior year scheduling is coming up and I'm unsure of what to do...
I'm in ap Chem this year going strong with a 94, and I really like science so I'd like to double up for next year, also cuz I wanna take bio but I'm afraid if I'm trying to get into an ivy I'll need to take a year of physics. I also want to have time, so is it possible to take an easier route and only go ap physics algebra based, instead of c mechanics, as well as bio and calc bc and get into Ivies?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Senior year schedule

• IBscholarIBscholar 179 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I would mention that if you took Honors Physics or even Calc AB, Physics C: Mech is a retread of Honors Physics stuff with a Calc AB spin (just in case you're overestimating the diffficulty of Physics C). Getting into the Ivies is a crapshoot anyway, so as long as you're using the extra time wisely, by all means go for the Algebra-based Physics course as your second science.
    · Reply · Share
  • Studious99Studious99 888 replies23 threads Member
    Yeah the ivies won't sweat AP physics c over ap physics algebra based. If you are into physics/engineering then not taking bio and going with physics c might be a better option. But if you just like all sciences in general, then 2 sciences instead of 1 would probably seem rigorous.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity