right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

How many AP'S for sophmore year?

kimclan1kimclan1 600 replies26 threads Member
edited December 2015 in High School Life
I recently posted a schedule for my 10th grade year and got mixed responses. My counselors are telling me that I should not take two AP'S for my sophomore year, but I really want to. I am taking AP European and AP Bio along with three other Honors classes. Is this too much? All of my grades are A+ except for one A so far as a freshman. A smart 10th grader is taking these courses this year and is doing fine so should I take both AP'S as well because I am genuinely interested in each?

Here is a link to the original thread if you would like some more details:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/19120019#Comment_19120019
edited December 2015
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How many AP'S for sophmore year?

• awesomepolyglotawesomepolyglot 3881 replies69 threads Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, saw the edit. Autocorrect is ridiculously annoying. It really depends on how you feel about the APs. If you're doing well in your freshman courses and have a good work ethic, go for it. And join the Class of 2019 thread!
    edited December 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • kimclan1kimclan1 600 replies26 threads Member
    edited December 2015
    Sorry AP's. Auto-correct fail @awesomepolyglot
    edited December 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • studeamstudeam 55 replies2 threads Junior Member
    In my experience, there's really no such thing as a definite number of APs you should be taking. I know people who can barely handle two, and people who barely study and get As with five.

From what I've heard, AP Euro and AP Bio are both pretty difficult, but your grades right now are amazing, so if you're willing to work hard and put a good amount of time in to study, I say go for it!
    · Reply · Share
  • lolkarlolkar 144 replies8 threads Junior Member
    I think you should do it because you seem to have a good work ethic and your grade shows it. However I believe you should ask upper classmen for advice before jumping to conclusions. Counselors generally say to not put so much stress so think about how much you could handle on your own.
    · Reply · Share
  • Studious99Studious99 888 replies23 threads Member
    People on this forum often forget that it is an amazing advantage to get some of the "busy work" and "memorization" AP classes (APUSH, Bio) over with in the first two years of high school so that they have extra time in the last two years and can take more interesting lighter workload classes (like Chem and Gov) as upperclassmen. I took 4 APs including Bio and Pre Calc as a sophomore and got straight As and 5s on the AP exams. You can totally do it!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity