Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

We talk about college too much - What do you guys enjoy doing in your free time?

Replies to: We talk about college too much - What do you guys enjoy doing in your free time?

• Tookme10minsTookme10mins Registered User Posts: 448 Member
    @ErenYeager yeah I get what you mean about soundcloud. I downloaded it and was so excited when the songs I searched up on it appeared. But then I actually listened to the songs and they were just recorded covers other people had done of the song.
  • Tookme10minsTookme10mins Registered User Posts: 448 Member
    @Madeline25 thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to look into it.
  • Studious99Studious99 Registered User Posts: 911 Member
    Running is really great... also playing the piano, sleeping, and spending too much time on the internet.
  • whitespacewhitespace Registered User Posts: 1,029 Senior Member
    Teaching myself how to play guitar. I'm pretty decent at school, so it's almost nice to have something that I am so completely terrible at.
  • LordBendtnerLordBendtner Registered User Posts: 823 Member
    Play soccer, basketball, golf....pretty much any sport
    Drink & party
    Race
    Read
    Watch sports
    Watch The League & True Detective
  • BethanyDBethanyD Registered User Posts: 390 Member
    edited December 2015
    To rest I listen to music and eat some of my favorite snacks. I also love long walks/bicycling, stargazing, and having a ride around good-looking buildings. (I really appreciate good architecture)

I also really enjoy Zumba, Body Combat, and hip-hop sessions. Very good ways to release stress
  • pseudoprimalpseudoprimal Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    I like talking to my friends who live in other states. I text a lot and keep up with them on social media. It's nice, actually, to have some of the most dependable people in my life to be separate from the drama or confusion that happens at school.
    I spend free time playing card games (gosh I love free cell), sometimes with my family, dancing, working on projects...
  • tonyk16tonyk16 Registered User Posts: 375 Member
    Umm, I like eating. Does that count? Oh, and FIFA 16 is pretty cool too...
  • whimsicalwhimswhimsicalwhims Registered User Posts: 674 Member
    I like to draw, paint, ya know... Reading, definitely, and I swim and play tennis and golf. Also, spend too much time on Tumblr, Netflix, and watching Once Upon A Time and other ABC tv shows.
  • awesomepolyglotawesomepolyglot Registered User Posts: 3,727 Senior Member
    I also rock climb. I've been doing it for 5 years. How did I forget that?
  • foliontaifoliontai Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    I spend most of my free time watching television. It is one of the few areas where I actually have a lot of knowledge because I watch television, read reviews, and track different trends and stuff. This also makes me a huge snob when it comes to TV shows.
  • dsi411dsi411 Registered User Posts: 2,323 Senior Member
    I enjoy reading, watching Youtube videos, visiting such websites as College Confidential and Reddit, working on math stuff, Googling stuff to learn more about them, and watching a show called Parasyte: The Maxim. I also enjoy gardening but I barely get to do it anymore since our backyard is infested with lizards and snakes and stuff (plus its winter).
  • tonyk16tonyk16 Registered User Posts: 375 Member
    @dsi411 Gardening is actually quite fun. What do you usually grow? My family used to grow a lot of cucumbers, tomatoes, and even string beans or eggplants which are a little different. I love the fresh veggies and I hope we can to it more also, winters are pretty bad, and I hope we could expand our variety a little more, maybe get some rhubarb. You are talking about vegetable gardening right? Oh well, lol.
  • marie122marie122 Registered User Posts: 354 Member
    I love playing volleyball and soccer (watching TV and sleeping and listening to music). If I could list those as ECs, I'd get into Harvard so easily.
  • picuberootpicuberoot Registered User Posts: 241 Junior Member
    I love listening to music and talking walks outside and discovering small hidden nature spots.
This discussion has been closed.