Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Class of 2020

Replies to: High School Class of 2020

• goneawaygoneaway Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    @HelpMe2424 I do! All the schools in my area do. Ours is more diverse in grades, and I would say not really? Though it depends on what your Leadership Class does; ours is in charge of all the dances, spirit week, pep rallies, and other small events.
  • excovererexcoverer Registered User Posts: 583 Member
    @HelpMe2424 There's one at my school too, but I only recommend doing it if you want to take that class. I think it's better to have some sort of leadership than not having any at all, but it is usually more beneficial to have a leadership role in a club, organization, or the class itself.

If you really want to do it, I advise sticking in. Otherwise, you can drop it and take something else.

Have a good day!
  • spicybiracialspicybiracial Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    I know that a large number of (predominantly) West Coast high schools are starting their scholastic terms this early. So, to all of you starting very soon: I wish you the best of luck!
  • ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 619 Member
    My high school is so confusing. I’ve been looking at WashU, because a lot of kids from my school go there. I looked at the average SAT score for accepted students from my school, and the average score was a 1460. That’s like below the 25th percentile for WashU, so I don’t know how that worked out. They have consistently accepted 40-50% of the students from my school, so I guess we must be doing something right.
  • trumpetmathgeektrumpetmathgeek Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    Anybody else take the August 25 SAT? I got a 1460 (exactly 730 730).
  • phanakinphanakin Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    @trumpetmathgeek I took it as well!!! I was fortunate enough to get a 1600 (but pretty poorly on the essay oops)
  • awesomepolyglotawesomepolyglot Registered User Posts: 3,782 Senior Member
    @phanakin daaaaaaang! Congratulations!
  • phanakinphanakin Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    @awesomepolyglot Thank you so much !!!!!! <3 <3
    edited September 10
    @trumpetmathgeek I took it as well! Congratulations on your score! We got the same Math score.

@phanakin That is amazing! Congratulations!

EDIT: Have a good day!
  • hsstudent13hsstudent13 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    @trumpetmathgeek @excoverer Same Math score for me too! I got it on the June SAT though, not August haha.
    @hsstudent13 Cool!

Have a good day!
  • collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 267 Junior Member
    What are your guys' favorite extracurriculars?
    My favorite extracurriculars are my digital marketing internship at a law firm and the club I started at my school to teach STEM activities for children in underserved communities.
    @collegeready33 I love the Creative Writing and Film Club at my high school. They are very exciting, fun, and enjoyable extracurricular. However, my summer community swim team is by far my favorite EC. I have been part of the swim team every season since I was six years old, excluding the summer before my sophomore year (due to disease). The coaches are wonderful people, and I have seen them as some of my role models since I was a little kid, and I have lots of amazing friends on the team, who I have wonderful experiences with. During moments when I was all alone, they were so accepting of me, and I have eternity to thank them for all of them. The long bond I have formed with the coaches, friends, and family on the summer swim team means it is literally a part of who I am now.

I also like my high school swim team as much as my summer team, especially because a lot of my fellow high schoolers are there, and a lot of my swim team community members are also on the team with me, though. I really look forward to the season beginning again in November.

I am very glad you have ECs that you particularly like! It's awesome you are teaching for children!

Have a nice day!
  • Daniella2113Daniella2113 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    any tips for studying and getting a high score on the SAT?
  • coronaacoronaa Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    @daniella2113 oof if you took the october 6th sat i'm definitely too late. but i think whats really important is to do lots of practice tests and not only make sure you understand questions you got wrong, but also questions that you guessed on and got right bc those can be overlooked. good luck!!