Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Class of 2020

Replies to: High School Class of 2020

• goneawaygoneaway Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Good luck to all those taking PSAT tomorrow Saturday!
  • excovererexcoverer Registered User Posts: 583 Member
    @goneaway I took it today, but thanks so much! Good luck to you whenever you take it.

Have a nice day.
  • collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 268 Junior Member
    I took the PSAT today, and honestly I am living for the memes. They are hilarious!
    I didn't really take it to attempt to qualify for NSMQT, I just took it for practice.
    @collegeready33 Honestly the memes are the best part; I would read passages or qs and imagine the memes. @excoverer Same I took it yesterday and now for the wait
  • ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 619 Member
    Has anyone considered applying to UK universities? I am kind of open to the idea of going international since I plan on applying to U of T and McGill. I was thinking either King's College and London School of Economics if I actually go through with applying.
    @ab2002 Yeah, I have considered it because I really like Europe, and because the U.K. has a lot of great English programs, which is what I want to major in, but it seems incredibly expensive.

Have a nice day.
  • trumpetmathgeektrumpetmathgeek Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    I'm interested in University of Aberdeen for PPE
  • moviestar505moviestar505 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    anyone take the october ACT and/or is taking the november SAT?
    November SAT here, barely studied I know I'm taking it again in the spring because of school so just gonna accept this L
  • trumpetmathgeektrumpetmathgeek Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    I took october
    Good luck! @moviestar505 and @goneaway

Have a nice day.
  • ktong777ktong777 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Woah, I just found this thread! :)

This might be really late, but here's my class schedule this year:
    AP Capstone Seminar
    AP Chemistry
    Spanish 3
    Physics
    AP US History
    AP Literature
    Dual Enrollment Statistics (first semester)
    Dual Enrollment Calculus III (second semester)

Also, PSAT was sort of hard. Reading section was a bit harder than I expected, but I think I did fine. Writing section was as expected; I probably got one or two wrong. Math was extremely easy. Not sure if I'll make NMSQT cutoff (California), but let's just pray that I will (I'm predicting at least 1460, probably around 1470 or 1480).
  • ps1kdps1kd Registered User Posts: 138 Junior Member
    @ktong777 when did you take it? I took the Saturday one and I thought the reading and writing were very hard. Math was about what it usually is. And I hope you make Semifinalist, but that might be a little difficult. Last year I got a 1460 and my cutoff score was a 216 and I think CA is usually up there around 222 or something like that.
  • ktong777ktong777 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    @ps1kd I took it on the first testing date (Wednesday). And yes, California's cutoff is usually super high, I think it was 223 last year or something like that. Several of my friends from the Class of 2019 got 1470 and missed the cutoff by 1 point. And thank you for the wished!!
    @ktong777 Welcome to the thread!

I feel you, by the way. I thought the PSAT was incredibly challenging, even more so than the SAT.

Have a nice day.