Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Class of 2020

Replies to: High School Class of 2020

• sputniiksputniik Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    For math and science: AP Physics C, AP Compsci (the test, not the class; we dont have that here), AP Stats (hopefully will fit in my schedule) and this thing we have here called Advanced Topics in College Math which is REALLY cool (multivariable, number theory, topology, linear algebra, etc.)
  • ktong777ktong777 Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    @sputniik How does Advanced Topics in College Math work? Do you touch on the basics of each subject? The mentioned are very different topics in math and have little to no overlap between them (with the exception of multivariable with linear algebra) except for the more advanced bits of each subject (such as analytic number theory).
  • goneawaygoneaway Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Did anyone else take Feb ACT? I am retaking it because I could have studied and done much better, but still pleased with my first score.
  • ps1kdps1kd Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    @goneaway I took it but I still don’t have my score yet. I’m not gonna retake since I’m ok with my first score, I just really wanted to give it another shot in February because I know I could done better than in December.
  • Lionlion456789Lionlion456789 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Spring schedule Right now
    Ap Lang(year long)
    AP Calc ab
    APUSH
    DC Anatomy + Physiology 1
    DC Psychology
    DC Developmental Psychology

Summer schedule
    DC General Chemistry II + Lab
    DC Anatomy + Physiology II + Lab
    '

Fall Schedule
    Ap Literature
    AP Econ ( Gov during spring)
    AP Calc BC
    DC General Biology 1 + Lab
    DC Statistics
    DC
  • sputniiksputniik Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    @ktong777 I've heard from seniors in the class that it does have depth (and really hard tests) but I'm not quite too sure. Admittedly, it's true how some topics don't relate to each other, although IIRC a good majority of the class IS focused on multivariable and linear algebra. I'll have to see for myself, haha. But looking forward to it!
    @sputniik It does sound like a lot of fun though! :) Enjoy the class!
  • collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 291 Junior Member
    I don’t know if it’s too early yet but are any of you guys considering EDing or EAing to any schools?
    I’m visiting Penn over my spring break and if I like it as much as I’ve come to romanticize it, I will apply ED!
  • excovererexcoverer Registered User Posts: 616 Member
    edited March 10
    @collegeready33 No worries on asking this question. Yeah! I'm intending on applying ED to Brown and applying EA to quite a few schools. (Brown has been my favorite for a couple of years now.) I really hope you enjoy UPenn. I have a friend who applied ED this year, and she loved the school when she visited. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too! Good luck when the time comes!

Have a nice day.
  • Jedelm23Jedelm23 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    @hs2020kid As a senior, I'm planning on taking AP Physics 1 (Only AP physics offered), AP English 12, AP Environmental, AP Computer Science A, AP Modern Euro, Honors French 4, and some math online (probably linear algebra. I finished the math track at my school). I also may self-study AP Physics C
  • ps1kdps1kd Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    @collegeready33 I’m definitely not EDing because I’m looking for merit scholarships and I’m not gonna financially committ to any school. However, I will definitely EA to every school that offers it, since to me there’s no point in not doing so if you can get everything done in time. Hopefully it helps my chances of getting a scholarship by demonstrating interest and I don’t want to have to prolong the wait for admission decisions either. I’ll probably also apply to my schools with rolling deadlines early so that I can demonstrate interest.
    @collegeready33 I'm thinking about EAing MIT and Caltech (likely going to add more to that list). I'm most likely not going to ED any schools.
  • memeqween101memeqween101 Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    @ktong777 oh my dear friend, you can only apply ea to one school