Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Class of 2020

Replies to: High School Class of 2020

• excovererexcoverer Registered User Posts: 616 Member
    @ab2002 I am on the same page, and statistics are scaring me, especially because Brown is my dream school. If you ever need to chat, feel free to write to me. I will try my best to respond.

@sputniik has great advice! Thanks for the advice by the way! Many people on here and I appreciate that! By the way, great schedule! It looks very challenging, best of luck!

Have a good day!
  • ps1kdps1kd Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    @ab2002 read my essay a few comments above yours
  • collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 295 Junior Member
    For those who celebrate Happy Easter!
  • sherpasherpa Registered User Posts: 4,723 Senior Member
    For everyone, regardless of their belief system, happy first Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal equinox. The days are getting longer, spring has sprung, and it is a time of awakening.

For those so inclined, let the Pagan orgies begin!
  • ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    I’m Christian, so nah.... @sherpa
  • ps1kdps1kd Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    @anthonytheboy read my essay, a few comments before yours. It explains why the statistics are misleading.
  • excovererexcoverer Registered User Posts: 616 Member
    @Max147 I did, which was why I pointed out that statistics aren't everything. However, thanks for the essay, anyway! I realized I forgot to thank you for the essay in my original comment.

Happy late Easter (or First Sunday after the First Full Moon following Vernal Equinox), you all!

Have a good day!
  • goneawaygoneaway Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Thoughts on my schedule?
    AP Lang
    American Gov/Econ
    Spanish 4 (my school doesn't do honors foreign language)
    Magnet Program: Honors PreCalc
    Magnet Program: Interdisciplinary Studies 3
    Magnet Program: Honors Physics

I am still unsure about my schedule because of the magnet program, my schedule is tight at my homeschool and I was wondering if I should stop Spanish and take AP Psychology next year and Student Council/Leadership or whatever the school calls it senior year. Another concern is that I am wondering if I should take AP Government in the future when they stated it will be a more hard curriculum in the future with now the highest grade being a B- with 3 hours of studying.
    #1094 when decisions on whether a student was accepted or rejected come out from the Ivy Leagues
  • ForebodingForeboding Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    A B won't make a difference.
  • cherryturtlecherryturtle Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    Howdy! I have my (real) schedule for junior year :)
    School is transitioning from IBDP to AP and my class is the first year!

AP Lang (Class is being restructred because IB World Lit is out. Nobody really knows what it’s like.)
    AP Physics 1 (Awful teacher, easy class. Not planning on taking the AP exam because of that.)
    AP US History (Best teacher in the school! Super excited.)
    AP Chem
    DC Trig/DC College Algebra (Pre-calc.)
    Honors French III
    Band
    B- as is nearly a C and that's with 3 hours of studying..without changing the course curriculum..
  • ForebodingForeboding Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    I mean colleges are aware of the difficulty of schools and take that into regard when viewing your GPA. Though that seems odd that the highest grade would be a B-; seems poorly taught.
  • ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    @goneaway How many APs are you offered?
  • cherryturtlecherryturtle Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    If the teacher is giving a B- as the highest grade, the teacher is doing something wrong. I would talk to the assistant principal.