Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

High School Class of 2020

Replies to: High School Class of 2020

• collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    @goneaway I'm on my school's varsity tennis team. It's fine if you wear running shoes but get tennis shoes asap because with regular running shoes a sprained ankle is inevitable. You should be hitting the serve with as much strength and spin as possible. If it's going way out you're probably hitting the ball too late or too early.
  • goneawaygoneaway Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    @collegeredy33 Thank you! Do you think it's possible for one to make varsity by senior year if they are on lower level JV? I say this because I actually do really enjoy the sport and I am literally a perfectionist and want to be good at what I do.
  • collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    @goneaway yes I think you can. I believe it depends from school to school but for my school I made varsity because I'm fast on the court and can get almost any ball. Though my serves and backhand are weak, my strength in speed compensates for my weaknesses. If I were you I would try to build a foundation on every thing and then find one thing you're better at, and become amazing at that.
  • nycbellnycbell Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Sitting in Ap world thinking about everything but. I cant believe AP tests are in under a month. Anyone else feel as unprepared as I do lol?
  • Max147Max147 Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    I just went on my tour of NYU today since we have vacation this week in MA. The campus is actually pretty concentrated and it’s not as busy as say midtown. They have a lot of resources there. You wouldn’t believe the type of clubs and activities they fund and there’s a lot of opportunities to study abroad. It’s also a great area and there’s lots of opportunities for interning since it’s in NYC. It would be great to go there if it weren’t so expensive (70k+ per year with personal expenses).
  • phanakinphanakin Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    @nycbell Feeling hella unprepared over here!! I've got my Calc BC exam that I don't know half the material on, and then APUSH. We're still on the Great Depression and we've got like 70 years of history left.
  • mjt182mjt182 Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    @phanakin Great Depression, my class finished that like wayy long ago. That's completely unfair to you and your classmates!
  • trumpetmathgeektrumpetmathgeek Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    @nycbell I'm feeling pretty confident for the econ tests but I'm stressing out about psych. I'm self-studying and I still have to put in more time because I'm shooting for a 5. I have a decent amount of homework for all my other classes too and I have a recital coming up. Next year is going to be so much worse though.
    @trumpetmathgeek What are you using to self-study Psych? I'm practically self-studying. I finished the class in the Fall and don't remember anything so I have to relearn haha.
  • trumpetmathgeektrumpetmathgeek Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    @mjt182 I'm using Princeton Review right now. I also read the Myer's Psychology for AP textbook.
    @trumpetmathgeek I'm using Princeton Review too! As well as Barron's Flashcards and Crash Course. I think there's a thread somewhere here about self-studying for AP Psychology. Are you following it?
  • anthonytheboyanthonytheboy Registered User Posts: 467 Member
    @mjt182 Best of luck to you!

@ab2002 I'm freaked out about the "childhood" thing too. It's crazy to think about how we're almost 18 already. I'm turning 16 the start of junior year, which I have trouble believing.

Have a good day!
  • anthonytheboyanthonytheboy Registered User Posts: 467 Member
    @nycbell I feel unprepared too. Don't worry. You're not alone!

@Max147 I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your tour at NYU!

Have a good day!
  • phanakinphanakin Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    @mjt182 I'm glad that at least your class is chugging along at the right pace!!! I'm going to have to cram a bunch, I think, in order to make it in time for the AP exam.
  • ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 467 Member
    I’m enjoying hearing where all of the seniors are going in my school!