Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Class of 2020

Replies to: High School Class of 2020

• thehhs12thehhs12 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    I am so nervous about starting my review for next year! I don't know how to review for AP Lang and APUSH seems scary.
  • nycbellnycbell Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I am self-studying Psych as well. I'm using Edx as well as Barron's and crash course. Best of luck to everyone on exams. Anyone have good plans for the summer?
  • phanakinphanakin Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    Today was a good day y'all!!!!

I took the ACT on April 14th for the first time, and multiple choice scores came out today (no writing score yet, unfortunately). I got a 36C (36E 34M 36R 36S)!!!!! That takes some weight off my shoulders.

Additionally, today I was notified that I have the amazing opportunity be attending TASS in the summer, so I'll be spending six weeks of summer vacation at Cornell.
  • MahindraMahindra Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    @phanakin Whhhhaaattt!!?!?

Congrats Man!
    edited April 2018
    @Mahindra You're so sweet, thank you so much!!
  • excovererexcoverer Registered User Posts: 616 Member
    @phanakin Congratulations! That ACT is incredible! I would never be able to do that. I'm so glad you acheived that score. Also, have fun at Cornell during the summer! I've got a friend who's an undergraduate there, and he loves the campus... I hope you love it there!

Have a good day!
    @thehhs12 I feel you! You're not alone, and I'm sure many of us are worried about it too. I heard AP English Lang and AP US History are commonly taken together by AP students.

Have a good day!
  • memeqween101memeqween101 Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    edited April 2018
    @phanakin ugh, i really wanted to apply to tass, but I couldn't because of a singing trip. do u know if the tass acceptance rate for tass as low as the tasp one? anyway, have fun, maybe I'll see u next year, who know
    @phanakin my eyes went straight to tass - but how the hell did u get a perfect score on the act on your first TRYYYYY (rip me)
    @anthonytheboy You're too kind! Don't count yourself out, I'm willing to bet money that you'll kill whichever tests you take! And I'll make sure to have fun at Cornell, the campus looks lovely and I'm super excited!

Have a good day as well!

@memeqween101 Let's hope that your singing trip doesn't overlap this year around so I can see you! Also, as far as I know, there are less applicants for a fewer number of spots (for TASS vs TASP), so the acceptance rates balance out to be about the same?

The Real ACT prep book is a gem tbh. I read like 12 pages of that and then binged practice tests.
    @phanakin Thank you very much for your friendly comments! I really appreciate it.

Have a good day!
  • ps1kdps1kd Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    @phanakin what was you’re psat and how much have you practiced since.
    @Max147 I didn't do too well on the (practice) PSAT --- 1440, stupid mistakes on both sections. I'm hoping to improve it the year it really counts!

I regrettably have not practiced the P/SAT at all since then. Most of my free time in the three weeks leading up to the ACT was spent studying for the ACT, and even then, I was extremely lazy and definitely prepared less than I should have. I read a dozen pages of the big red prep book and took 3 practice tests.

Hope that answers your question!
  • ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    @phanakin Lmao that's the 99th percentile. Not "too good". That's funny.