Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Benefits/drawbacks of switching schools?

annanaannana Registered User Posts: 465 Member
I currently attend a rigorous college prep school in the southwest. To meet minimum graduation requirements as well as college admissions requirements, I would have to take 9 AP classes in the next 2 years of high school(they offer only AP in many subjects due to lack of funding and also have APs required for graduation). Given that I could barely handle 3 AP classes and 3 honors classes this year, I really don't want to do that. There is a high school in my area that is very good-although not as good as my current one- that offers a variety of AP and honors courses. My proposed plan is to take 3 APs, 1 honors(or 2 APs and 2 honors depending on how I do on placement tests), and 3 regular classes(foreign language, fine arts, JTED) junior year. I'm not sure what I will do my senior year, but I would be in dual enrollment math and science which I could do over the summer, probably AP gov and lit, continue with foreign language and JTED(college level at this point), and have a free period. I know it wouldn't be perfect because there's always an adjustment period, and kids at that school can be mean too. In you guys' opinion, does it seem better to suck it up and stay at the college prep school or go to the other school?
This discussion has been closed.