Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Chem prep book

LuxuriousLuxurious Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited August 2016 in Sciences
I've been searching for a while and I see so much different opinions.

The most I seen is that the Princeton 2015 one is good and 2016 one has a lot of mistakes. What about 2017 then?

Please leave your opinion on which prep book is good and why, thank you!!

Replies to: AP Chem prep book

• Superstar23Superstar23 Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    I used a 2016 Kaplan book. It was useful and i did well on the test
  • desideratumdesideratum Registered User Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2016
    Used Princeton Review (201...6? I don't remember) - got a 4, but believe that I could've gotten a 5 if I had started studying earlier or done so more often. It refers to the big ideas specifically and handily groups related concepts together while having ample practice problems. In addition, it does not contain too much superfluous information, and also had a section dedicated solely to common lab procedures, rules, and equipment, which I thought was helpful since my teacher assumed we knew all of it (but we didn't, lol).
  • LuxuriousLuxurious Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    @desideratum thanks for the advice! How early do you think I should start studying for the exam?
  • desideratumdesideratum Registered User Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2016
    mid-late march, esp if chem isn't your best subject or if your teacher isn't the best (aka my situation lol) - start in early march
    i started hardcore studying mid-late april if i'm being completely honest and part of me regrets it :')
This discussion has been closed.