Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

High School Class of 2021

Replies to: High School Class of 2021

• applejuice007applejuice007 Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    edited August 25
    I legitimately can't wait for school cuz I'm so bored rn and I really wanna meet everybody and I am bored out of my SKULL at home rn. Also what's Groupme? is it like a thing at boarding schools?? lol
  • CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    GroupMe is like an app you can use to easily make group chats. It's used for sports teams here :)
    My ALEKS just went all SORTS of weird on me. I know a group of kids (including me) in my Algebra 2 Advanced class were talking about finishing early so we could dive into online Pre-Calc for the second semester, but I never thought it would actually happen.

Now I have 550 more topics due by January 3! Not exactly what I expected. I looked at the final 3 chapters and they're all trigonometry. This'll be fun.
  • bumblebee1212bumblebee1212 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Class of 21 right here! :)
  • stanford200381stanford200381 Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    Today was my first day! I like all of my teachers, and we were assigned homework on the first which I was expecting. I'm the only girl in my AP computer science class. I also kept getting lost throughout the day, but it was fun for the most part.
  • thehhs12thehhs12 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Tip of advice for everyone going to school, starting as a freshman: Don't forget to do your work, and do not procrastinate! Also, make the most of freshman year, it is a time of discovery!
    Finished my first week of highschool! We're reading the great gatsby in English which is a really good book. We started taking notes in french class and my french teacher actually wants us to learn how to speak the language. Algebra is really easy so far. We haven't done anything in history or computer science. We are starting Chemistry topics in physical science.

At my school all freshman are required to do physical science. First semester is chemistry and second is physics. When we get to chemistry and physics we already finished the typical first semester of chemistry and physics so by second semester we learn topics that are taught in AP chemistry and physics.
  • destinedforNDdestinedforND Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    hey guys! finished my first day today.. so far I'm really liking my Spanish & English teachers. I think my favorite class will be Spanish, they way we went over the material in the syllabus made it seem actually challenging.
    Oh my goodness I had my first preseason basketball practice today. I'm so out of shape!

Luckily, I didn't do as bad as I thought I would. I made some good plays. I'm in pain, though. My feet are so sore!
    My French teacher is so annoying, she said that turning in our syllabus was worth bonus points. She put it in as 3/5 instead of putting it in as 3 bonus points so now I have a D even though I'm supposed to have over 100%.
  • Potter3846Potter3846 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    @stanford200381 can you maybe you can talk to your French teacher about that? Tell me how it goes.
  • Potter3846Potter3846 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    What sports is everyone doing this year?
  • AbsKelsayAbsKelsay Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm on my 3rd year of cross country and that is my athletic limit for sports
    I'm doing basketball and track.
    I'm doing track.