Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Class of 2021

Replies to: High School Class of 2021

• FlameAlchemistFlameAlchemist Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    @chrysalism and @CavsFan2003 Thanks for the reply! Yeah, contests sound like a good idea. Summer camps only work out if we get a lot of financial aid because my family's pretty big. Still, I'm working on it and I'm hoping it'll go OK. Teen Ink sounds like a really good place to get published! I took a look at it, and it sounds awesome. As for boarding schools, that subject's closed hard and fast. Mom and Dad told me that even if I got a full ride (which wouldn't happen--Mom and Dad could manage some of it--it'd be tough, but they could), they still wouldn't let me go. They don't want me leaving home yet, which I guess is sort of fair. It just doesn't feel like that, if you know what I mean.
    By the way, CavsFan2003, I went to a summer camp at Culver when I was a little kid. It was around 2 days long, and I was like nine. It was a long drive. It didn't end up being a great experience--some mean counselors and what not. I don't know if that's a reflection on the Academy or anything, so don't take my comment as proof. Community theater won't work out as my parents are way too busy to drive me. Besides, my school's a private Christian one, so it's not connected to any city programs.
    Oh yeah, and chrysalism, I am VERY into FMAB! It's one of my all-time favorite animes (which is saying a lot, because I'm REALLY into anime)!!! Roy Mustang is my favorite anime character of all time!!!! That scene with Lust. . . . Just ultimate awesomeness!!!! Anyway, after my fan rant, thanks a ton for the advice! I'm still trying with boarding school, but honestly Dad glares at me the second I start to enter a conversation even resembling it, so. . . Yeah. I'm outta luck. The stuff you guys said about colleges and APs was really reassuring, because honestly, I was stressing.
    Good luck on your SAT, CavsFan2003!
  • Potter3846Potter3846 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    edited December 2017
    Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t posted in a while I usually just read your posts. I currently have all As or A pluses. My problem is that I’m failing gym. My gym teacher is really strict and lowers everyone’s grade for virtually no reason. I joined the debate club in my team and am thinking about joining track. I have no running experience at all but I’m tall so the coach recommended it. I’m not sure I’m going to join though.
    @Potter3846 Same. My gym teacher makes us do a whole research project, and take tests and everything. It's crazy annoying. She's pretty nice otherwise, though, so you probably have things worse. Good luck!
    @FlameAlchemist I currently have a 54% in his class and he doesn’t offer extra credit. This is a real damper on my transcript since everything else is in the high 90s. He said that there’s nothing he could do. In the second semester my grades are going to reset and I can raise my grade a lot but still this really stressed me out.
    I’m also trying to transfer my school. I applied to a high school in nyc with a 1.7% admissions rate. ~X( realistically I’m not going to get in but I just wanted to try. I applied for about 5 other competitive schools and 3 less selective schools. I get my results in March everyone wish me luck. :D
  • stanford200381stanford200381 Registered User Posts: 250 Junior Member
    Finally, winter break. I currently have all A’s, and my lowest grade is a 93.

@Potter3846 Good luck!
  • BohseonBohseon Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Winter break, currently don't have all A's, and grades are embarrassingly lower.
    RIP, at least I have 5 semesters/13 ish quarters left to turn things around.
    (Belated) Merry Christmas, everyone!
  • stanford200381stanford200381 Registered User Posts: 250 Junior Member
    Happy New Year, everyone!!
  • CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 Registered User Posts: 455 Member
    Happy New Year to all! I can't believe it's 2018 already! I turn 15 in February, I'm super excited for that.
  • CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 Registered User Posts: 455 Member
    I applied to my first job today!! I really hope they hire me. They pay $8.50 an hour which would be super nice because I want to build a computer but I need money.
  • hardworkerABosshardworkerABoss Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    Sorry I'm late but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
  • AtomicMan576AtomicMan576 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Any of y'all are back to school?
  • hardworkerABosshardworkerABoss Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
  • BohseonBohseon Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    A few snow days... hoping for more.