Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Would I be competent in AP Lang?

KabasiKabasi Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
Hello,

I'm a freshman and just passed a test to skip sophomore American Literature. I read books and wrote an essay for it. Now I have the choice of going to AP Lang if I so choose. I scored in the 98th percentile in reading on the PSAT 9, so would I be able to handle taking AP Lang? I should have gotten 99th I think, but I didn't pay attention to time. I would dual enroll English senior year after taking Lit in junior year.

Thank you!

Replies to: Would I be competent in AP Lang?

• snowfairy137snowfairy137 Registered User Posts: 2,059 Senior Member
    If the school's allowing you to take it then yes, you'd be competent.
  • 1989swiftie1989swiftie Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    edited May 2017
    Oh yeah, you'll be totally fine. I took AP Lang and I had high scores like you going in and had no problem.
  • mohchan360mohchan360 Registered User Posts: 245 Junior Member
    I went from regular English I and II freshmen and sophomore year to AP Lang junior year and got a 5 on the exam, even though my Lang teacher taught practically nothing.

Base on your English history you seem more than qualified. Just know how to write a basic essay with quotes from sources, you'll be fine.
  • gopgalgopgal Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    yeah do it. AP Lang wasn't that bad at all and I'm more of a math person, so English DEFINITELY isn't my thing. you will do great im sure of it
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal Registered User Posts: 4,038 Senior Member
    At my son's school, AP Language was the sophomore English class for the top half of the class. It sounds like you will be fine.
This discussion has been closed.