Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Easiest weighted classes to take in high school?

maggie20mtmaggie20mt Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
What are the easiest courses that are weighted (Can obtain up to 5 GPA Points rather than just 4) to take in high school? I am not a slacker, I just need an easy class, because I have 7 other AP/IB classes, that won't bring down my GPA!

Replies to: Easiest weighted classes to take in high school?

• bodanglesbodangles Registered User Posts: 8,357 Senior Member
    No one here can know what is or isn't offered by your high school.
  • maggie20mtmaggie20mt Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    That's true, I just want people to list out the easiest weighted courses that they know. Then, I can check if they are offered at my school!
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 4,685 Senior Member
    Just a warning: college adcoms can spot these courses a mile away. Sure, you'll have a GPA, but your transcript will show fluff, not substance.

There's absolutely no way to list those weighted courses. For what it's worth, my school doesn't weigh courses.
  • chrysalismchrysalism Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    First of all, schools use arbitrary weighting systems that force colleges to look deeper into the rigor of your courseload rather than just the WGPA. My school weights honors, dual enrollment, and AP on a 5.0 scale, but I know plenty of schools that don't weight courses at all, only weight APs, or that weight APs on a 6.0 scale to differentiate them. Because of the different systems, it's impossible to know course rigor from just looking at the number, so colleges have to look at your transcript and individual courses - which means they'll see right through an attempt to inflate your GPA.

If you want to know what people think the easiest APs are, some would tell you that Psychology (a lot of raw memorization), Human Geography (designed as a freshman course, also a lot of memorization) and Environmental Science (conceptually easier than the other sciences) are on the easier side. However, as mentioned above, colleges know that these are the "easier courses", and a schedule full of these will look much worse to them than a schedule full of "harder courses" that you sincerely gave your best effort in.
  • Otter517Otter517 Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    There is nothing wrong with taking a fun course, like gym, art, or music. You can burn yourself out taking all hard classes. Is it really worth the GPA if you start dreading school?