Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Psychology Club/Happiness Club, Any ideas? :)

chocolate210chocolate210 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
Hi! I am interested in psychology, and I want to start a club at my high school.
Psychology is a lot about mental health, so I was thinking about starting a club promoting mental health or happiness. Do you have any ideas for a Happiness Club? (somehow promote positivity at school). My school already has a mental health awareness week club (they have a week where they raise awareness and organize a bunch of activity), so it has to be something different.
Thank you!

Replies to: Psychology Club/Happiness Club, Any ideas? :)

• ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    edited December 2017
    I would not advertise it as a "Psychology Club" if you're discussing mental health. I am taking AP Psychology this year and I can assure you that the class is about 20% mental health. It's more about theories and parts of the brain that explain emotion which then affect mental health. I started my own club this year (political science) and the first thing I did was to find other people who are interested in the subject so they can help you with ideas.
This discussion has been closed.