Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Honors English 10 struggle

ab2002ab2002 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
edited December 2017 in High School Life
Hey guys! I am currently taking H. English 10 and I am struggling in one area. This area is grammar, the bane of my English grade and my existence. I currently am receiving all As on my presentations, seminars and tests (legitimately got a 30/30 on my last two), but receiving Bs and Cs on my grammar quizzes. She sets the grades equal to the tests, about 30 points, and does them biweekly, so it's a constant burden I have to deal with. I have an A-, but I want a solid A so I can get the full 4.4 (out of 4.8) that is offered for honors courses. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to improve my skills / resources? Thanks!

Replies to: Honors English 10 struggle

• hsstudent13hsstudent13 Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    If you haven't linked your PSAT scores into Khan Academy, you definitely should - they have helpful grammar exercises! I'm not sure what type of grammar you're learning but if it's like SAT grammar then that's one of the best resources. Other than that, the best way to improve your grammar is just to read a lot. I'm taking honors English 10 too and I have an A-, but we don't do grammar at all - I just get straight B's on essays lol.
This discussion has been closed.