Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Will it look bad if I drop a foreign language?

NeonSignNeonSign Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I'm very worried about taking French again for my sophomore year of high school. French has dropped my GPA by tons since I have gotten a C for one quarter and a B for another quarter. I was thinking of dropping it and taking Spanish instead just so my GPA wouldn't be as hurt. I'm already fluent in Spanish so I could most likely transfer into the higher level of Spanish classes. However I don't know if colleges will think that is ok, and I think it might look bad for me. I don't know wether I should stick with French and lower my GPA for the rest of highschool or take Spanish and possibly look bad to colleges.

Replies to: Will it look bad if I drop a foreign language?

• KaffeineKittyKaffeineKitty Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    Since it seems you will not be majoring in French in college, I would switch to Spanish. This will free up time to focus on your other classes and hopefully enjoy your language class. If you do well in the Spanish class, I don’t think it will “look bad”.