Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Senior Year Schedule

hmchmchmchmc Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
This is a little update from the thread I posted recently, but I am aiming for U-M, (reach to say the least), and I want to use my senior year selection to show my capability.

So far it looks like:

AP Language & Comp
AP Calculus BC
AP Physics 1 OR AP Bio (can't decide)
AP Computer Science Principles
AP French (online)
Economics and America since 1950 (semester-long social studies electives)

I was originally going to take APUSH in place of AP CSP and AP French, but I decided that this is a schedule I will enjoy more, and I feel confident in my ability to do well. Will it hurt that I am not going to take AP History? I plan on going into Neuroscience (pre-med track), so Bio would be great, but I am afraid not taking physics will hurt my chances even though it has nothing to do with my prospective major. Which should I go with? Any advice helps!

Replies to: Senior Year Schedule

• PhantomlinkPhantomlink Registered User Posts: 207 Junior Member
    AP Computer Science Principles is kind of a joke, most of the teachers have little to no experience in cs and will probably have you just working on code.org assignments. It's an easy A, but a waste of a class period imo. I would recommend you take APUSH or physics.

Source: current senior taking CSP & CSA
  • hmchmchmchmc Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Would it be feasible to take AP Physics and AP Bio? I’m okay with not taking APCSP, but I feel APUSH will kill me. At the same time, I want to do what I can to improve my chances at U-M
  • Islands62Islands62 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    If you enjoy science AP Bio won't be hard. However, if you have a weak phsyics background, AP Physics will definitely be a struggle. I personally didn't find APUSH hard (and I hadn't lived in the US or taken a history class prior to taking it), but that also depends on your personal affinity with history.

Just a note: AP Chem and AP Calc go well together, and AP Bio and AP Chem go well together.
  • hmchmchmchmc Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    I’m taking AP Chem currently, and I don’t want U-M to be mad that I didn’t take physics at some point, so I’m not sure what I should do.