Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers
Just Want to Know Where I Am
Hey guys! I just wanted to know where I am, and if there are some things I can do before its too late as I am a highschool sophomore and I know that I still have time to change my trajectory. I'm interested in schools like Penn, Columbia, Vanderbilt, Duke and Cornell and I know those schools are nearly impossible to get in.
I am interested in going into STEM so either computer science or engineering
Unfortunately, I don't have any standardized testing as I plan to take those later on this year. I hope to get a 34 on my ACT and over a 1500 on my SAT, but I know there is no guarantee on that.
Race: African-American and I'm trilingual
1. Varsity Tennis
2. Founder Website for Women interested in STEM. Planning to expand on this and provide resources for people
3. Staff editor for scientific website
4. Marketing Intern at a law firm
5. Piano for 13 years
6. Teacher's assistant at my church's little kid program
7. Head of a diversity committee at my school, I plan assemblies and organize fundraisers
8. Programmer? Would I be able to put that down? I like to code a lot during my free time.
9. Varsity Speech and Debate, one of the team heads, and also a mentor at a local middle school
10. Track but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it next year
11. This is tentative but I might become an intern at a tech company!!
Do you think I have a chance with the path that I'm going in or should I add or change some activities. Thank you for your time!