Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How did you manage your stress in high school?

AsadFarooquiAsadFarooqui Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
FYI, I’m calm now and am taking action. Pray that I come out okay.

Replies to: How did you manage your stress in high school?

• needtosucceed27needtosucceed27 Registered User Posts: 425 Member
    - taking short breaks from homework when I need it
    - watching an episode or two of The Office a day (not sure if this works for everyone, but idk I find the The Office really comforting and a good way to relieve stress)
    - remembering that grades aren't everything
    - remembering that one bad grade will not ruin my chances of getting into xyz school
    - distracting myself by making myself focus on extracurriculars (which is so much more fun than school)
  • missinghome21missinghome21 Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    - Take some time off and talk to your friends and family (on topics that aren't related to school
    - Have some ice cream, chocolate and Netflix all to yourself maybe once a week when you can afford the time to
    - Make your notes interesting to read (bright colored highlighters, interesting drawings etc.) can really bring away from the stress when taking notes
    - Take deep breaths! Everything is going to turn out okay! :)

• greatlylilacgreatlylilac Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I like to write in my diary, especially when I want to express an opinion or vent something that I can't really talk about to parents or friends. I also like to go for short walks outside.