Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Physics or AP Biology and Introductory Physics?

bgfwfbgfwf Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
Hello. I am a homeschooled student currently taking AP Physics 1. I am having some trouble really getting a hang of the concepts and I'm wondering if it is the curriculum or the class. I heard AP Biology was easier as it is mostly memorization and I am wondering if I should take that instead of AP Physics 1 but also take an easier physics class so that AP Physics will be easier to get into next year. Thoughts?

Replies to: AP Physics or AP Biology and Introductory Physics?

• bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 11,972 Forum Champion
    Most honorsy people take BIo, Chem, Physics (usually at an honors level) and then an AP version of one of those.
    Maybe you should start in Physics or honors physics. Maybe you should get a tutor or teacher or use Khan Academy.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 38,871 Senior Member
    Perhaps AP bio+ regular/honors physics may be better. Have you completed precalculus already?
  • momtogirls2momtogirls2 Registered User Posts: 533 Member
    AP Physics 1 is designed to be an entry level physics class so it isn't necessary to take a physics class first as long as you have the math skills which I believe is having completed algebra 1 and geometry already. Our high school no longer offers honors physics.