right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

GPA?

CoolMasterMCoolMasterM 9 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
Hey! I'm a freshman at high school, but going to sophomore year after this summer. Today I found out my GPA through my student portal, and I found out my cumulative GPA is a 98.394 for my freshman year of high school. I wanted to ask if this this GPA is weighted or unweighted, and whether it is good for when I apply to colleges? Thank you!
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: GPA?

• skieuropeskieurope 37917 replies6565 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 44,482 Super Moderator
    I wanted to ask if this this GPA is weighted or unweighted
    Ask your GC; none of us know.
    · Reply · Share
  • bopperbopper 13920 replies98 discussionsForum Champion CWRU Posts: 14,018 Forum Champion
    Yes, ask your guidance counselor. It is very good...keep it up!
    · Reply · Share
  • princeton24princeton24 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Great GPA, although ask your GC if it's unweighted or weighted. Definitely try to improve and increase, not decrease through the years. I got into 4 Ivy Leagues with a 104.546, but you can greatly boost up some point with AP/Honor classes.
    · Reply · Share
  • CoolMasterMCoolMasterM 9 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 13
    @princeton24 , thanks! I'll try to improve it since I'm taking more weighted courses like AP's sophomore year.
    edited July 13
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 32708 replies350 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 33,058 Senior Member
    Rigorous courses are good, but the extra points (or fractions of points) from AP or honors courses weighting are not a tip.

You don't get into a holistic top college based on gpa, itself. Top adcoms look at the transcript, see the courses/rigor and grades. Unweighted, not weighted.

Then, of course, all the rest that matters to your chances. Try to learn what that is.
    · Reply · Share