right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

GPA?

CoolMasterMCoolMasterM 11 replies5 threads Junior Member
Hey! I'm a freshman at high school, but going to sophomore year after this summer. Today I found out my GPA through my student portal, and I found out my cumulative GPA is a 98.394 for my freshman year of high school. I wanted to ask if this this GPA is weighted or unweighted, and whether it is good for when I apply to colleges? Thank you!
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: GPA?

• skieuropeskieurope 41065 replies7712 threads Super Moderator
    I wanted to ask if this this GPA is weighted or unweighted
    Ask your GC; none of us know.
    · Reply · Share
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU 14518 replies106 threads Forum Champion
    Yes, ask your guidance counselor. It is very good...keep it up!
    · Reply · Share
  • princeton24princeton24 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Great GPA, although ask your GC if it's unweighted or weighted. Definitely try to improve and increase, not decrease through the years. I got into 4 Ivy Leagues with a 104.546, but you can greatly boost up some point with AP/Honor classes.
    · Reply · Share
  • CoolMasterMCoolMasterM 11 replies5 threads Junior Member
    edited July 2019
    @princeton24 , thanks! I'll try to improve it since I'm taking more weighted courses like AP's sophomore year.
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 35412 replies399 threads Senior Member
    Rigorous courses are good, but the extra points (or fractions of points) from AP or honors courses weighting are not a tip.

You don't get into a holistic top college based on gpa, itself. Top adcoms look at the transcript, see the courses/rigor and grades. Unweighted, not weighted.

Then, of course, all the rest that matters to your chances. Try to learn what that is.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity