right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Should I take physics my senior year instead of Junior?

lemongrasstealemongrasstea 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hiiii
I’m currently going into junior year and here are the classes I’m taking
Spanish Speakers 2
Theater 3
Pre-Cal Honors
AP chem
Anatomy
(College classes: English and US history)
Based on this, should I take on Physics and replace anatomy? Or should I just take physics my senior year? (I really want to get into prestigious universities so I’m really not sure) thank you :))
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I take physics my senior year instead of Junior?

• skieuropeskieurope 41108 replies7749 threads Super Moderator
    It'snot a make-or-break, but I would suggest getting core sciences out of the way first. Take anatomy as a senior.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 24217 replies2431 threads Super Moderator
    edited July 2019
    I don't think it matters much as long as you complete a sequence of bio, chem, and physics by senior year. Do what fits into your schedule best. All things being equal taking physics this year will give you a lot of flexibility with next year's schedule.

Are you certain you can manage two lab sciences in one year?
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 43287 replies471 threads Senior Member
    Stick with anatomy which I would assume is easier than physics because you're also taking AP chem, which is very hard. Take physics (and only that science) senior year.
    · Reply · Share
  • lemongrasstealemongrasstea 1 replies1 threads New Member
    I would assume it would be much more pressuring but in my school since I’m taking the two college classes I would essentially have two free periods. Maybe that would help me in the sense of not having classes back to back.
    · Reply · Share
  • h8annahh8annah 410 replies29 threads Member
    I agree with @MYOS1634 . I think it'll be easier on yourself if you wait to take Physics senior year, since you can focus more time on AP Chem.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity