right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Senior Schedule and Early Release

jeepjeepjeepjeep 3 replies5 threadsRegistered User New Member
I am a senior this year and am currently taking early release on both days - meaning I get to leave before last block everyday.
Currently these are my classes: DE Gov, AP Environmental, NASM Personal Training, AP Stats, AP Lit, and Independent science research.

I am worried that a double early release will reflect poorly on me however I took 3 AP classes sophomore year and 5 junior year. I also plan on taking a spring semester class through the community college. Would it be wise for me to switch into a study hall so that I have one study hall and one early release or will I be okay?

My top schools are University of South Carolina, University of Georgia, and Virginia Tech.
I have a 4.26 and am within top 15%. I am just worried that a double early release reflects poorly despite taking 5 AP/DE classes and taking a spring class through the community college.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Senior Schedule and Early Release

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 6989 replies49 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'll be honest, this seems like a light schedule and drop off from 5 APs last year.. On top of early release, AP stats and env are considered some of the easier APs. Talk to your GC and get their opinion.
    · Reply · Share
  • jeepjeepjeepjeep 3 replies5 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I agree however I have taken every AP offered except for AP Chem and AP Physics. So even though I am in 3 APs and 2 DE classes it seems light. If I were to drop an early release I am not sure what I would fill it with, I could fill with a computer science class but I know that wouldn't be a strength for me
    · Reply · Share
  • jeepjeepjeepjeep 3 replies5 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I'll be honest, this seems like a light schedule and drop off from 5 APs last year.. On top of early release, AP stats and env are considered some of the easier APs. Talk to your GC and get their opinion.

I agree however I have taken every AP offered except for AP Chem and AP Physics. So even though I am in 3 APs and 2 DE classes it seems light. If I were to drop an early release I am not sure what I would fill it with, I could fill with a computer science class but I know that wouldn't be a strength for me

· Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 41760 replies450 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited August 23
    There's no difference between study hall and early release in terms of rigor.
    What majors are you thinking of?
    If humanities/social science you should take another DE Humanities/social science in the Spring. Hopefully you have APUSH, AP Lang, AP euro or world, and/or Ap foreign language (or their DE equivalent).
    If you're aiming for STEM, then you should be taking AP Calculus and AP Physics 1 (unless you took honors physics, in which case take AP chem).
    Have you taken all three from bio, chem, Physics at any level? Foreign Language through level 3 (or 4)?
    Note that USC's honors college application is extensive, hopefully you've started working on it.
    edited August 23
    · Reply · Share