right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Failing a class senior year

megannlnmegannln 0 replies1 threads New Member
So I have all of my graduation credits done but I decided to take an extra math senior year which means it counts as an elective but I currently have a D and the semester ends in a week. will I get declined if this is sent in transcripts to my colleges (cal state and UC)? could I possibly make this up online during school and update my colleges about it? I'm not sure what to do please help!!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Failing a class senior year

• GumbymomGumbymom 28832 replies210 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    edited December 2019
    UC’s are pretty strict in that you cannot have any D’s or F’s in your Senior year a-g courses regardless if you have met all the a-g course requirements. If you happen to get a D or F 1st semester, then you need to notify the UC’s and they will be able to tell what you need to do to maintain any acceptances.
    If there are changes to your academic record: If you add or drop a course, fail to earn a C or better in a course or enroll in a new college after you submit your application, log back in and update your information online. If you receive an offer of admission, be sure to confirm with the campus admission office that they are aware of the deficient grade or schedule changes.

Keep in mind: We cannot guarantee that a campus can go back to review an application after correspondence has been received. Make sure to save a copy of your correspondence just in case.

Campus instructions & websites for reporting changes. See link for each campus:

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/applying-as-a-freshman/after-you-apply/

For the Cal states, you will need to contact each campus individually and they will work with you to determine what you need to do. Some CSU’s are more forgiving than others so it is important to notify them early to give you the best chance of keeping any acceptances.
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share