right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Deerfield Academy New Sophomores!!

deerfieldgal77deerfieldgal77 0 replies1 threads New Member
Coming into Deerfield Academy as a New Sophomore?? I would love to answer questions!
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Deerfield Academy New Sophomores!!

• LondonkidLondonkid 14 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi! That’s very kind of you - My son will be a sophomore in the fall. Are you hearing anything about return to campus for the fall ? Also he was placed into Algebra II. Is that a typical math placement for a sophomore - Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • pendulumpendulum 10 replies3 threads New Member
    My son will also be a sophomore at DA this fall. I'd love some advice for the boys if you have any! He is not a laundry whiz nor is accustomed to wearing a tie, do you recommend the local cleaning service? What is the simplest, best bedding you recommend? Any advice on what he should be doing this summer to prepare? Thanks so much!
    · Reply · Share
  • LondonkidLondonkid 14 replies0 threads New Member
    If your son is also a new sophomore perhaps our boys could meet over zoom so they Know each other in advance ? I don’t know how to private message but if that sounds good to you pls private message me (if you know how;))
    · Reply · Share
  • SportyPrepSportyPrep 25 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @pendulum @Londonkid Folks, it’s time to let go and stop helicoptering. Your kids will survive, learn knotting ties & laundry, and meet lots of friends in the Fall.
    · Reply · Share
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 1636 replies24 threads Senior Member
    Always nice to welcome new Choate students to the thread!
    · Reply · Share
  • PhotographerMomPhotographerMom 1980 replies61 threads Senior Member
    @Golfgr8 - There's nothing like coffee coming out your nose..... Thanks. ;)
    · Reply · Share