right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Need Help Deciding My Major?

katgirlkaykatgirlkay 0 replies1 threads New Member

So, I’m struggling with trying to decide what to major in. I love politics, law, crime, and history. Basically anything in that field. I like making a change, and leaving an impact. Fighting for justice and what’s right. But unfortunately, the degrees I’m interested in aren’t in demand, and don’t have good employment rates.

I don’t want to waste my time going to college, and majoring in something I don’t enjoy, but at the same time my interests aren’t really going to get me anywhere. I plan on being a lawyer in the future. I want a degree that can get me a steady job if law doesn’t work out. I want a degree that could have me making $70,000 or more. I’m a high-achiever, and very ambitious. I love gaining knowledge.

I just don’t know what to do because I’m atrocious at STEM, except for science (biology and genealogy intrigue me).I was thinking maybe a business degree, but I don’t know if they have good job turnouts either. I was thinking about economics, but I’m not sure if I’d be good with that math. I’m good at basic math/algebra.
0 replies
· Reply · Share